Detecting a GFCI tripping

osullys

I have an Insteon outlet in my backyard that landscape lights are plugged into. When it rains, something is getting wet and causing the GFCI to trip, which is on the same line as the Insteon outlet. Sometimes I don't notice when the GFCI trips, and I don't reset it. Is there a program I can write that will monitor the Insteon outlet and notify me if there is a Device Communication Error with that outlet (i.e. the GFCI tripped)?

Hi osullys,

Unfortunately we do not use device comm. errors as conditions in programs yet but this is something that we have on our list to implement.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have an Insteon outlet in my backyard that landscape lights are plugged into. When it rains, something is getting wet and causing the GFCI to trip, which is on the same line as the Insteon outlet. Sometimes I don't notice when the GFCI trips, and I don't reset it. Is there a program I can write that will monitor the Insteon outlet and notify me if there is a Device Communication Error with that outlet (i.e. the GFCI tripped)?
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello osullys,

Just as a background, this is how we rate features/bugs:

1. The number of requests (in this case only two requests)

2. How easy is it to implement (in this case 2, 1 being trivial and 5 being non trivial)

So, there's a likelihood that we'll have it implemented shortly not because it's a hotly requested feature but because it's not that difficult to implement.

With kind regards,

Michel

Is it on the short list or the long list?

Archived