Elk output control via alexa

HGupta

How can I get Alexa to turn on an Elk M1 output?  I have driveway gates that are connected to my Elk M1 on an output, but I can't figure out how to set up an Alexa routine to turn that Elk M1 output.  

yes, I have the Elk module, and I already have the ISY portal set up so that Alexa is announcing when a zone is not secure, but I don't see how to make outputs visible to Alexa.

Unfortunately I have not done this at all so I am just speculating to help. Have you tried triggering the Virtual Outputs?

Edit: Another idea is to maybe use variables and ISY/Elk programming based on the Virtual Elk Output?

The way that i do it is to add the outputs to control to a program.  Add the ON to the THEN section and the OFF to the ELSE. Then in the PORTAL add the program. You should be able to say Open and Close when it's done. I have it this way for my window blinds.

3 hours ago, Thanatar said:

The way that i do it is to add the outputs to control to a program.  Add the ON to the THEN section and the OFF to the ELSE. Then in the PORTAL add the program. You should be able to say Open and Close when it's done. I have it this way for my window blinds.

Thank you!  This is helpful.   I have never written a program in ISY.  

What do you use as your If statement?.

Archived