So what is with this Insteon CEO letter?

Mustang65

23 minutes ago, Mustang65 said:

Just received this letter from  Rob Lilleness, Insteon's CEO, along with a 50% off coupon.  Interesting that less than an hour of saying that I was converting to Z-Wave, I got this email.

INSTEON - CEO letter.jpg

INSTEON - CEO letter 2.jpg

INSTEON - CEO letter 3.jpg

INSTEON - CEO letter 4.jpg

INSTEON - CEO letter 5.jpg

INSTEON - CEO letter 6.jpg

INSTEON - CEO letter 6.jpg

Sounds like a news letter from Kmart or Yahoo

Sounds like their attempt to crap down the throats of anybody that isn't Apple backfired and now they are trying to pick up some pieces.

They need to put their money where their mouths are. Since Rob took over they have released the amazing Insteon Siren? Another upgraded X10 beeper? And they are still putting out PLM 2.0s? Amazing progress over 2-3 years.

It's been my understanding that they were going to focus on the Insteon Hub and the Android and IOS apps.  His letter somewhat confirms that.

Sadly he didn't mention anything about new product development or improvements in the Insteon product line.

The ISY is the only product that uses their PLM so I doubt they will be doing much in the way of R&D on it.  The current PLM seems to be stable and reliable. I've had no issues with it. 

I didn't get the letter.

I guess to be somewhat fair.  I also have not bought any new Insteon devices in a long time and don't send them much praise lately.

I did see on the Smarthome forums. SeanM an Administrator say the Brown and Black Switch Paddle kits are going to be produced again. Time will tell if it ever happens.

If they want to help manufacturers like UDI. I would like to see then provide GOOD and ACCURATE interfacing information to the manufacturers. Not a lets see how many of the features they said where in the module actually work as described.

I also think it is more of a PR cover where you sit down move. 

They seem to have a lot of sales these days. Maybe business is not going so well.

I don't see them doing much more improvements of the PLM. Though if Smarthome ever start pushing Insteon overseas again. A universal powered PLM would be a nice feature. So those users could use an ISY994i. The only controllers I have seen using a PLM is the ISY994i and some models of the Smartenit Harmony HUBS and they use the USB version.

Archived