Problems - Upgraded to Shaw BlueCurve

Did you mean the internet IP address changed or the local , internal network IP changed. Both could be a problem.

Let's test the internal address as the problem. When you go to start the admin console / launcher, the finder comes up. The local IP address for the ISY will come up in the finder under url.. is that the same address your port forwarding rule is using to redirect internet trafffic to the ISY? If no, update the rule to that.

Paul

24 minutes ago, laspeslet said:

Thanks to you both.  The IP address has changed so I have changed that but still can't get it to work. Back to square one.

If you give complete details of the changes to your setup we can better help you. At this point we can only speculate on something that has different fixes depending on situation

The modem was changed so I have the new IP address for that. And when I log into my router, I can see the ISY and have been able to get the IP address for that.  Within the modem, I have set the port forwarding for the ISY using port 480. I have set the port for the ISY as 480.  Does that seem correct?

Assuming you are using encrypted https communication, that is port 443.

How are you trying to get to the ISY externally? Is that port 480 as well? You will need to add :480 to the end of the address in the ISY finder. 

To lilyoy’s request, screen shots will help of everything involved as I’m still guessing a bit

Paul

Okay, have now switched everything back to port 443. Had originally thought that maybe it was a problem with the port. 

For the IP address, I have put in the IP address for the ISY.  For the gateway, I have put in the IP address for the modem.

I am trying to access the ISY by using the IP address of the ISY.

isy.jpg

okay...that gives me a 24.67.xxx.xxx number.  If I am on my wifi, it takes me into the modem. If I am not connected to the wifi, it doesn't do anything.  Sorry, I know I am probably missing something simple. I had this all working until I upgraded my internet.

Sorry, I'm still missing some of the picture

• You are able to connect they way you want on your local network via wifi (Y/N)?
  • When you are not connecting with wifi, what is it you are using to try and connect externally? Hotspot?
  • What are you trying to connect? The admin console, mobilelinc, agave?

Paul

So here is the background.  I have a recreational property where I have a thermostat, security cameras, and door sensors that I want to monitor remotely.  Before upgrading my internet I was able to do that with the Universal Devices dashboard and mobilelinc.  Now I can see the thermostat and door sensors on the dashboard while at the property.  But if I try to access it from my phone, not connected to wifi, I can't.

Archived