Trouble turning lights out with motion and light status

to_lighter

Hi gang,

I have a motion detector that turns on a scene of lights, then turns them off in stages. When the motion detector sends the off command, the lights dim to 50% then 30 seconds later they turn off.

As part of this, I need to make sure that the lights were actually on in the first place. For example, if I hit a button on my KLM, I can turn off all of the lights on the floor. If I turned off all of the lights, when the motion detector sends the OFF command, the 50% brightness scene will be triggered, and the lights will come back on!

To get around this, I have tried checking the status of the light.

Example:

If

Control 'Motion-Front Hall-Sensor' is switched Off

And Control 'Motion-Front Hall-Sensor' is not switched On

And Status 'Main entrance - door pots' is not Off

Then

Set Scene 'Main Floor Front Motion-50%' On

Wait 30 seconds

Set Scene 'Main Floor Front Motion-50%' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

When running this program, the motion detector sends OFF, and the "Main Floor Front Motion-50%" scene is activated, and then for some reason, the program becomes false and stops. It does not proceed to Wait 30 seconds and then turn off the lights.

The status of the lights is not off, but for some reason, having that line in there causes the program to quit. If I take the status line out, then the program will complete itself properly (i.e. turns the lights to 50%, waits 30 seconds, then turns them off).

I think this may be a bug in the ISY 99.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Some more info.

If I check the status of a different light, the program will execute properly. It is when it is checking the front door light (which is part of the scene) that it will fail to execute properly.

I tried sending the commands as individual instructions to the lights (i.e. set each light to 50% one by one). As soon as "Main Entrance Door Pots" is set to 50% the program becomes false and stops.

I have another program set to check the status of the Main Entrance Door Pots and email me if it is not off, and that program is never triggered. In other words, there is no short period of time where the status is actually off, which would stop the program.

Is this a bug?

Cheers!

Hello to_lighter,

When you issue the "Set Scene "Main floor Font Motion-50%" you are modifying the status of your condition "Main Entrance door posts". This causes all of the program conditions to be re-evaluated.

Your "Main Entrance door posts" status is still true but you not longer have a "Control" event from the motion sensor. The conditions will therefor evaluate to "false" and the program terminates.

You can get around this by moving the status check into a conditional folder and placing your current program in that folder. When the status condition for your door posts is true the folder will be enabled. By doing this you can modify the status of the door posts without creating an event that causes the program to be re-evaluated.

To be honest, I haven't messed with conditional folders in over a year. I generated the following to make sure this would work. This is based on the various examples of the programming Maestro "Rand":

Qualified Folder

Folder Conditions for 'Lamplinc'
Add conditions to limit when programs in this folder are allowed to run.
If
       Status  'Icon Lamplinc V1.0 07.AE.1D.1' is not Off
Then
  Allow the programs in this folder to run.

Program within the Qualified Folder

If
       Control 'KPL Table' is switched On
   And Control 'KPL Table' is not switched Off
Then
       Wait  1 minute 
       Set Scene 'Lamplinc 50%' On
       Wait  1 minute 
       Set Scene 'Lamplinc 50%' Off
Else

Hi gang,

I have a motion detector that turns on a scene of lights, then turns them off in stages. When the motion detector sends the off command, the lights dim to 50% then 30 seconds later they turn off.

As part of this, I need to make sure that the lights were actually on in the first place. For example, if I hit a button on my KLM, I can turn off all of the lights on the floor. If I turned off all of the lights, when the motion detector sends the OFF command, the 50% brightness scene will be triggered, and the lights will come back on!

To get around this, I have tried checking the status of the light.

Example:

If

Control 'Motion-Front Hall-Sensor' is switched Off

And Control 'Motion-Front Hall-Sensor' is not switched On

And Status 'Main entrance - door pots' is not Off

Then

Set Scene 'Main Floor Front Motion-50%' On

Wait 30 seconds

Set Scene 'Main Floor Front Motion-50%' Off

Else

When running this program, the motion detector sends OFF, and the "Main Floor Front Motion-50%" scene is activated, and then for some reason, the program becomes false and stops. It does not proceed to Wait 30 seconds and then turn off the lights.

The status of the lights is not off, but for some reason, having that line in there causes the program to quit. If I take the status line out, then the program will complete itself properly (i.e. turns the lights to 50%, waits 30 seconds, then turns them off).

I think this may be a bug in the ISY 99.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Archived