Ring Smart Lighting

TomL

I was wondering if anyone has been able to integrate the Ring Smart Lighting into the ISY or PGC Ring Node Sever.  I have the doorbell set up on the Ring PGC and works quite well, it picked up the doorbell and MS without having to make any changes to configuration other then linking accounts.  I got a few of the Ring smart light units, StepLight, FloodLight. etc.  I know from other posters that the wired floodlight cameras are picked up by rhe PGC Ring NS.  But none of the smart lighting shows in the NS.  THe smart lighting requires a Ring Beam hub and links all the lighting and DB cam/ms together in their app.  Alexa also shows each smart lighting device and their respective ms.  I can use alexa routines to trigger variables, programs, etc. on the ISY and vice versa.  It was a hope that it could be streamlined a bit without having to use alexa routines and control directly with ISY.  Does anyone else use RIngs Smart lghting system and does anyone have adifferent integration idea?

Thank

Tom

The Ring devices that use the hub were purchased by Rng and use a different protocol.

They modified things to have them work with the same app but likely work very differently to the Ring native spotlights and floodlights that don’t need the hub.

How to they show up in the PGC log?

They do not showup in the PGC log at all.  May be a mute point anyway, In my uber exuberance, decided to try adding devices in cutom parameter using device ID's that Ring app and Alexa both use as values and different naming options like StepLight, RingBeam and so on.  Long story short NS stopped working.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, NS will not come back on line, just stays disconnected, gives no option for account linking like in original install.  So guessing I blew it up somehow.  I can pull the same nodes from the Alexa app, using variables and programs able to still execute all the same functionality I had with NS.

@Michel Kohanim, this morning the NS showed connected and asked for my ring account verification, I thought maybe you did something to fix it.  Either way it is working now, it still just shows the doorbell and MS for it.  I am guessing the ring beam hub and  smartlighting associated with it are not available nodes, if they are let me know and I will contact support.  Thank you for your concern and help

Archived