Unlinking devices from a 2420M motion via a program

TJF1960

I was wondering if it would be possible, now or in the future, to temporarily unlink a device via a program from a scene containing a 2420M motion detector? I know that with the scene link broken the signal links would probably retransmit the on/off commands from the ms until they timed out, but it wouldn’t really hurt anything.

The reason I ask is because I have a few ms in various locations which are set to detect motion all the time for various reasons. Then at night those ms will trigger programs to turn lights on and off. But it would be really nice if the ms could be linked to the lights directly thru a scene so the lights would turn on faster at night. Then during the day a program would run at specified times to unlink the device controlled by the ms from the scene. That way the ms could still control other things its linked to during the day, but wont turn the lights on. Then at night its back to normal.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Tim

H Tim,

I think this is a good idea but there's a major issue with this:

Battery operated devices in general (such as MS) require manual intervention to put them in programming mode and, as such, even if you have a program, you would have to have someone actually put the motion sensor into programming mode before anything can be done. Therefore, unfortunately so, we cannot accommodate this feature.

With kind regards,

Michel

I was wondering if it would be possible, now or in the future, to temporarily unlink a device via a program from a scene containing a 2420M motion detector? I know that with the scene link broken the signal links would probably retransmit the on/off commands from the ms until they timed out, but it wouldn’t really hurt anything.

The reason I ask is because I have a few ms in various locations which are set to detect motion all the time for various reasons. Then at night those ms will trigger programs to turn lights on and off. But it would be really nice if the ms could be linked to the lights directly thru a scene so the lights would turn on faster at night. Then during the day a program would run at specified times to unlink the device controlled by the ms from the scene. That way the ms could still control other things its linked to during the day, but wont turn the lights on. Then at night its back to normal.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Tim

Archived