In Floor heating thermostat options for the ISY 994i

EddieRock

9 minutes ago, david-4 said:

Doesn't Universal Device's ISY and Polisy have a Zigbee module? And would that allow control the Sinope thermostat?

Zigbee module yes.  ZHA profile support for Zigbee devices... no.  Unless something has changed the ZB module for ISY is only for Power Meter integration and doesn't support the ZHA profile used by all consumer/home automation zigbee devices.  @Michel Kohanim

So what's needed is a Ethernet to zigbee converter? 

I just found this:

Shanghai ZLAN Zigbee products currently have two categories, one is serial port converter to Zigbee for Model ZLAN9500, it includes 3 kinds of serial port: RS232/485/422. The other is Ethernet (TCP/IP) converting to Zigbee for Model ZLAN9503, can make Zigbee connected Internet.

No.  It's not quite that simple.  It would be nice if it were then every controller out there would support z-wave and zigbee and all devices would work perfect on every controller and nobody would be needed to chase around vendors to get their product information and how they implemented the ZCL for their devices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m looking at getting one of these thermostats but don’t want to pull the trigger until I know it will work.  

1.  How is the progress with the build going?

2. You had said it was going to to be cloud poly only because of the API, ecobee and flair are both cloud based API but have a local poly build, will that be the goal!

21 minutes ago, PhoneGuy said:

I’m looking at getting one of these thermostats but don’t want to pull the trigger until I know it will work.  

1.  How is the progress with the build going?

2. You had said it was going to to be cloud poly only because of the API, ecobee and flair are both cloud based API but have a local poly build, will that be the goal!

Polyglot Cloud version is available and live.  I'm running it in my home and @EddieRockis testing it out as well. 

This currently and conceivably will only be available in Polyglot cloud for these reasons

1. The API is from a cloud system.  If you don't have internet then a local nodeserver won't work either so then why does it matter if the nodeserver is ran in Polyglot Cloud?
  2. The OAuth process requires a registered publicly accessible encrypted URL for user authentication and token exchange.  I can't create a developer account for every single user's possible self hosted URL and I don't think most people will go through the process of registering for developer access nor will they have a SSL encrypted public facing URL they can use for the redirect.  I don't know how the Ecobee works or flair.  Some systems don't require a user authenticated web process and you can pass the username/password to the API directly and get a token.  I'm still investigating if I can do this with NuHeat but until then it's Polyglot Cloud.
  3. I have asked and will continue to ask them for a local API.  If that ever happens then a local version will be developed.  I'm a small shop with little backing/support (just me so far) so nobody listens to me :)

For flair and ecobee I had to get authentication keys from their wed sites or  the company.  As for local compared to web based I only like local because then I’m in 1 poly settings rather than switching between them.  

how will the new Polisy affect this if any?

also thank you very much for the work you are doing on this!

Original poster here. ..

I want to follow up on the status. I've had the NuHeat Thermostat up and running with the built in schedules first (while @simplextech worked on the node server). It runs awesome. This thermostat is simply beautiful. Very high end. The on screen weather is really nice. When I wake up and enter the bath, it shows me the weather and the whole day forecast. It hasn't skipped a beat. When @simplextech got the node server running, I installed and set my schedules on the ISY. It's run 100% perfect. To ensure it's setting the temp correctly, I've configured notifications to my cell phone and 4 times a day, it sets the temp and sends me the current temp and what it just set itself to. 100%!

I should also note... When I set the temp. To be sure it gets set, I send the temp in my program, wait 1 minute and send it again. then wait 1 minute and send my email notification. Works!

Thank you very much @simplextech for your work here!

You guys looking for in-floor heat thermostats. Get this one! and run the node server. 

EddieRock

EDIT:

I got the thermostat today and installed it.  For the most part pretty easy install.  I set it up in Polyglot Cloud and can see it in my ISY control panel.  I can change temps in ISY as well as the Nuheat app on my phone.  Issue is when trying to create programs the thermostat part does not show up as a under if status but does show up under the action part. For an example if (thermostat temp) > (particular temp), then send alert email. There are 3 energy monitor features that show up for it but the thermostat temp setting part does not.  Any ideas?

A controller node "NuHeat" and a node for the actual thermostat device is created.  Make sure in your program you're selecting the correct device.

SetPoint can be set in a program.  The list provides Celsius and Fahrenheit options just scroll to the temp.  I think I need to change this to be a input value.  Undecided as I the increments are 1 degree increments from what the thermostat accepts.  This also accommodates both unit types.  Hmm.. input is welcome

image.png.6f2f160e283792e2ec39058142525f7a.png

21 minutes ago, simplextech said:

A controller node "NuHeat" and a node for the actual thermostat device is created.  Make sure in your program you're selecting the correct device.

SetPoint can be set in a program.  The list provides Celsius and Fahrenheit options just scroll to the temp.  I think I need to change this to be a input value.  Undecided as I the increments are 1 degree increments from what the thermostat accepts.  This also accommodates both unit types.  Hmm.. input is welcome

image.png.6f2f160e283792e2ec39058142525f7a.png

The issue I am having is not setting the temp in the "Action" setting, but using the device in the "Condition" setting.  for example:

If (thermostat) > 100 degrees

Then notify (email) to me

Else (blank)

My previous jerry rigged system aloud that.  I like to have temp limit alarms just in case something fails.

7 minutes ago, PhoneGuy said:

The issue I am having is not setting the temp in the "Action" setting, but using the device in the "Condition" setting.  for example:

If (thermostat) > 100 degrees

Then notify (email) to me

Else (blank)

My previous jerry rigged system aloud that.  I like to have temp limit alarms just in case something fails.

Interesting.  Looking at things the only difference between the energy log nodes and the thermostat node is actually the item I was questioning... the unit measures having both.  I'm questioning if that is causing it to not return a usable status because there probably isn't a usable one that the ISY knows how to handle.  Hmm.. so much for a short cut on node definitions.  I'll do some tweaking and testing to get this figured out.

I'll check this on mine as well but I can assume it will behave the same. I had found that there is a max setting on the TStat and I set mine to 85F. Just to be safe. But... I get it! If the temp keeps rising for some strange reason, an alert will get your attention and you can investigate.

12 hours ago, PhoneGuy said:

Thank you very much! 

Beta Release v0.1.36 has been pushed to the store.  Because of the changes to the profile you should do a delete/install from Polyglot Cloud to ensure the nodes are updated in the ISY fully.

• Changes
    • Updated profile to use direct editor and not the editor file for UOM specifications
    • Provides text entry option instead of drop down for temperature settings
    • Now visible/usable in programs for status

Not sure if you have integrated your system with Apple Homekit or not.  I don't believe this is an issue with your plugin but maybe you can assist.  I am using homebridge-isy-maker and my goal is to pull the temperature from the thermostat to the variable Temperature Sensor hb.My_Thermometer.TemperatureSensor.CurrentTemperature which I can get to pull in ISY, but in the home kit app it is taking the variable in ISY (100 degrees) and thinking that is celius and converting it to ferienhight making it 212 degrees.  Any thoughts on this or another way to pull either control of the thermostat or at least the current temp into Apple Homekit?

1 hour ago, PhoneGuy said:

Not sure if you have integrated your system with Apple Homekit or not.  I don't believe this is an issue with your plugin but maybe you can assist.  I am using homebridge-isy-maker and my goal is to pull the temperature from the thermostat to the variable Temperature Sensor hb.My_Thermometer.TemperatureSensor.CurrentTemperature which I can get to pull in ISY, but in the home kit app it is taking the variable in ISY (100 degrees) and thinking that is celius and converting it to ferienhight making it 212 degrees.  Any thoughts on this or another way to pull either control of the thermostat or at least the current temp into Apple Homekit?

No info/ideas/clue about HomeKit.  I don't have a HomeKit setup.

@EddieRockyes you will have to setup again.  I'm hoping things with Polyglot change in time but because the profile changed it would have to be re-added this is unfortunately a PGC issue currently that I'm hoping gets resolved some day.

30 minutes ago, PhoneGuy said:

I noticed that when you did the update ISY now only shows Energy - Day and Energy - Year, there was a 3rd before, maybe Energy - Month?  Was that meant to go away?

There should be the 3 day/month/year.  I'll go take a look but I didn't mess with that portion of the code but ya never know...I have seen where not all nodes get created every single time on installs.  Do a Discover and see if it shows up.

13 minutes ago, PhoneGuy said:

When I look at Polyglot it only shows 4 nodes:

Controler, Themostat, and 2 Energy nodes.

Did you go to the controller node and click the Discover button?  See if the missing node appears or not.

EDIT:  I just did a re-install on my Prod system and I have the 3 day/week/year nodes for the energy log which is correct. 

Archived