Ambient Weather NS

15 minutes ago, tlightne said:

does not exist - ISY returned 404

that's a whole of of does not exist errors....

I'll have to do an install on a rPi and see if I can replicate.  Does the Polyglot main log show anything more?

1 hour ago, simplextech said:

that's a whole of of does not exist errors....

I'll have to do an install on a rPi and see if I can replicate.  Does the Polyglot main log show anything more?

Nothing more for AmbientWeather in the log. I was running Ambientpoly with no issues before Ambientweather. I stopped then installed AmbientWeather. 

1 minute ago, tlightne said:

Nothing more for AmbientWeather in the log. I was running Ambientpoly with no issues before Ambientweather. I stopped then installed AmbientWeather. 

If AmbientPoly works for you then you might as well just use that.  Same info.  I still think @bpwwer and I should discuss combining as having two that do the same things is kinda redundant.

2 hours ago, simplextech said:

If AmbientPoly works for you then you might as well just use that.  Same info.  I still think @bpwwer and I should discuss combining as having two that do the same things is kinda redundant.

Ok no problem, I was just concerned if you combined the two and the end result was yours then I would have issues. I will run the Ambientpoly for now.

24 minutes ago, tlightne said:

Ok no problem, I was just concerned if you combined the two and the end result was yours then I would have issues. I will run the Ambientpoly for now.

If you don't bring up problems then they don't get fixed.  I'll take a look at this as I know others are using it and if this is a problem it needs to be fixed.  Just the first I've heard.

Yes there was some short discussions of merging but then that drifted off as they are using the same data source so it's not really much to merge.  It was then posed to the community to find out which one they used/preferred but it seems as though the result will be that I just drop mine. 

The old Climate Module is fully integrated into my ISY programs. I am not a programmer -- I'm just looking for a migration path.

I just installed Ambientpoly and it seems to work fine.

Is there a way to have the values show in Celsius? Are there any suggestions for regaining current conditions and forecast information that will be lost with the demise of the Climate Module?

21 hours ago, JeffE said:

The old Climate Module is fully integrated into my ISY programs. I am not a programmer -- I'm just looking for a migration path.

I just installed Ambientpoly and it seems to work fine.

Is there a way to have the values show in Celsius? Are there any suggestions for regaining current conditions and forecast information that will be lost with the demise of the Climate Module?

If you're using AmbientPoly you may want to post in the forum for that NS.  This is a thread for AmbientWeather which is a different NS even though it's the same functionality.

As for this NS.  AmbientWeather recently introduced a generic weather service offering that uses DarkSky for the data.  I don't have details yet as to if this is accessible for free for PWS owners or if this will even use the same entry API.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the latest version today (deleted from Poly server and from ISY, then installed fresh).  The devices keep intermittently going to a value of "1" (temperature, humidity, etc.) then g o to a corrected value for a bit, then back to 1.  I've attached the log for review. Doesn't seem to be a consistent cycle time (like every 5 minutes), it just randomly changes. The ISY also frequently says the Node Server is offline, and the Polyglot-Cloud is constantly saying the AmbientWeather uptime is only a few minutes (I've seen it go for over 18 minutes).

AmbientWeather(2)

Current Status: Connected
Current Version: 0.1.33
Time Started: Apr 4, 2020, 9:17:55 PM
Uptime: 1 Minute(s) 30 Second(s)
Current Worker: ambientweather-0021b900fcec-2

PolyLog 2020-04-04.docx

1 hour ago, CJVann said:

I installed the latest version today

There was a Polyglot Cloud update pushed tonight.  Not sure if that's complete or not.  If this continues I would suggest to delete and re-install tomorrow and if it continues I'll have to look and see if something is now broken.

Thank you - It seems to be running stable for the last >6 hours now.  I did notice some issues with opening the Dashboard a couple of times as well, so that was just my dumb luck on timing I guess - ha.  

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, CJVann said:

Thank you for the quick response.  So is the service not compatible with one of my sensors, or what is the issue importing the data from Ambient Weather?

Issue is what Ambient Weather is or is not returning.  I've added a check for the error that was raised.  Update should be available in about 30 minutes or so.  You just restart to apply it from Polyglot Cloud.

Thanks!  I have a question about that... I Stop, wait for it to fully shut down, then Start, but the 'Current Version' never updates (Log files also say 0.1.33).  What am I doing wrong?  I usually just delete it and download the new version from the store (01.34).  I hate doing that because it corrupts my ISY programs.  I've tried this several times today.  Appreciate the advice...

image.png.3b2f5359b2e49986c2104416ed030f9f.png

11 minutes ago, CJVann said:

Thanks!  I have a question about that... I Stop, wait for it to fully shut down, then Start, but the 'Current Version' never updates (Log files also say 0.1.33).  What am I doing wrong?  I usually just delete it and download the new version from the store (01.34).  I hate doing that because it corrupts my ISY programs.  I've tried this several times today.  Appreciate the advice...

image.png.3b2f5359b2e49986c2104416ed030f9f.png

There's an issue with Polyglot Cloud that it does not update the version information on the dashboard correctly.

• 9 months later...

I have a weird situation.  The node server is "Connected", the log shows it's currently receiving valid data as expected, BUT the NODES/ NODE DETAILS tab never updates with those correct values (EG, Temp is 23 degrees low).  I've stopped and restarted a couple of times.  What should I try?  (I'd prefer not to delete it, as I'll have to rebuild all of my HomeSeer Touch screens).

2021-02-21_15-48-10 Temp.png

1 hour ago, CJVann said:

What should I try?  (I'd prefer not to delete it, as I'll have to rebuild all of my HomeSeer Touch screens).

Have you restarted (open/close) the Admin Console?  Do the FW version match between Admin Console and ISY?

HomeSeer... why aren't you using the HS version then?  :) Yell at @Sirmeili to fix it!

On serious note are there any errors in the NodeServer log or in the Polyglot log?  It's very weird that the NS is running and updating Polyglot but the Admin Console is not reflecting the changes. 

Are you running this on Polisy or on a raspberry pi?  Are you up to date on all updates?

Yes, the ISY is on 5.3.0 for UI and FW.  There are no errors, but the Polyglot Cloud Nodes show different info from its log (and the ISY had that same wrong data as well)

Ah yes!  The HS plugin - I forgot I went a different way with HS4 and downloaded the rnbWeather plugin, so HS touch screens won't be affected by the ISY. 

I went ahead and deleted the AmbientWeather Node server and reinstalled, and all is working as it had been!!   Thank you!

Archived