ISY994iPRO - seems buggy

New to this Insteon & ISY programing, The console seems to find and program Keypads & Dimmers OK. I am try adding a Mini Remote 2342-232, but no matter what I try, it does not show up in the console. I tried a second unit. It is found by the console and seem to take the scenes added to the buttons but on this second unit, Buttons A work, B, C & D no joy. I then try the first remote (which is not part of the console as it does not show) This remote seems to be running the scene on button C assigned to the 2nd remote (Same button) with A, B & D no function. Makes no sense to me. I have worked with other programing platforms without this kind if instable action. The ISY994i-Pro (1100) has FM 4.7.3. should I BE DOING SOME KIND OF TOTAL RESET AND START A REBUILD? I Have used two laptops. I was experiencing strange file corruption issues with the first win 10 based laptop (causing me serious stress and I am inclined to blame this UD software at this point) so I switched to an older Win 7 laptop but not much joy. Looking for guidance please.

A complete reset seems premature to me, but I guess this depends on how many devices you have so far.  My first question: how (what steps/process) are you adding the mini remote to the ISY?  (Mini remotes are not added in the same way as keypads and dimmers.)

47 minutes ago, HarvS7 said:

I then try the first remote (which is not part of the console as it does not show) This remote seems to be running the scene on button C assigned to the 2nd remote (Same button) with A, B & D no function. Makes no sense to me.

It sounds to me that this first remote was, at one point, part of the ISY console and that you created some scenes with it, yes?  If this were me, I would be factory resetting this first mini remote and double-checking that it is not showing up in the admin console.  Once confirmed, for each of the devices that was responding to this first remote, perform a "restore links".  

On the other hand, if all you have is a mini remote and a couple of other devices so far, perhaps starting over is a good option.  

For what it is worth, I have a couple of these mini remotes and have no trouble with them.  I have also never hear of a computer being corrupted by and ISY-994.

You are likely missing links between the MiniRemote and ISY. As oberkc suggested above, factory reset the miniRemote and relink it to ISY.
Always factory reset every Insteon device when new before linking to ISY. They can contain bad links, messed up firmware etc. Battery devices must be placed in linking mode first.

After that set the internal options inside the MiniRemote from the ISY admin console. ISY doesn't have instability in any version since V3.

Archived