Replacing computer

Jack1902

My ISY994iZW is connected to a Sony Vaio Windows 10 PC. I'm getting a new Dell Windows 10 PC. 

1. Will I be able to access the Admin Console from both PCs? Both PCs will be connected to the same network as the ISY.

2. I've read the ISY-994i Home Automation Cookbook on "Connecting to the ISY from a Local PC". It recommends Internet Explorer or Firefox for running Java . Which is the preferred browser?

3. Any little tricks or traps I should be aware of?

Thanks very much for your help.

- Jack1902

20 hours ago, Jack1902 said:

1. Will I be able to access the Admin Console from both PCs? Both PCs will be connected to the same network as the ISY.

Yes, should be no problem at all.

2. I've read the ISY-994i Home Automation Cookbook on "Connecting to the ISY from a Local PC". It recommends Internet Explorer or Firefox for running Java . Which is the preferred browser?

Nowadays, neither.  Use the ISY Launcher instead on either or both computers.

3. Any little tricks or traps I should be aware of?

Using the ISY Launcher may make life easier for you.  By using it, you don't have to manually ensure that the ISY UI and firmware versions don't conflict, as the ISY Launcher manages this for you.

15 minutes ago, Jack1902 said:

Hi Bumbershoot -

Thank you VERY much for your reply. If I may ask a follow-up question: I interpret your reply to my second question to mean that I do not have to download Java. Is this correct?

Thanks again, 

Jack1902

You will require java. ISY admin console doesn't use a browser once acquired. Java will not run under most browsers now, and only exists as a separate package.

Archived