Is there a fast and easy way to set a scene to turn all lights off?

I've figured out how to link switches together to control the same load.  Trying to take it slow and learn.  Is there an easy way to make a button a keypad turn every switch off, or do I have to add them individually to a scene?  Also, I would like my outside light to turn on at sunset.  That requires a program, correct?  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, smarthome_newbie said:

I've figured out how to link switches together to control the same load.  Trying to take it slow and learn.  Is there an easy way to make a button a keypad turn every switch off, or do I have to add them individually to a scene?  Also, I would like my outside light to turn on at sunset.  That requires a program, correct?  Thanks!

The only other way is to program each individual light to turn off via a program based off a button press. Timers are only available via programs

1 minute ago, lilyoyo1 said:

The only other way is to program each individual light to turn off via a program based off a button press. Timers are only available via programs

What about a way to turn off all lights?  That was a separate question from the program to turn on the outside light at sunset.  Also, what are the best instructions to follow for adding the program to turn on the outside light.  Thanks!

13 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I answered both questions. You can either use a scene to accomplish what you want or a program by adding in every device to a program. 

There are no best instructions. It comes down to what you are trying to accomplish. Post what you have so far and we can help you improve it. 

Can you please explain how to create a program with a timer?  Don't really have anything to post to show you.

1 hour ago, smarthome_newbie said:

Can you please explain how to create a program with a timer?  Don't really have anything to post to show you.

As I explained to you before, not many people will be willing to program for you. You have to at least show a willingness and desire to sit down and try. Sound out what you are trying to do and that will be your program. For basic stuff it's really that simple. 

Archived