Tying lights together to brighten and dim together

ahbrown41

Hello all,

This should be really simple but for some reason it is not working for me. Here is the code to brighten the light:

if
 Control 'Light 1' is switched bright
then
 Set 'Light 2' bright

When I do this, if I open the event viewer, I can see things happening but 'Light 2' is not getting brighter..

Amy I missing something?

Hello ahbrown41, please try Fade up and Fade stop instead of bright and let me know if it works any better.

Also, if these two lights are going to brighten/dim together, it would be best to put them both in a scene and make Light 1 a controller.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello all,

This should be really simple but for some reason it is not working for me. Here is the code to brighten the light:

if
 Control 'Light 1' is switched bright
then
 Set 'Light 2' bright

When I do this, if I open the event viewer, I can see things happening but 'Light 2' is not getting brighter..

Amy I missing something?

Thanks for the reply. I tried making light 1 a controller and light 2 a responder but it is still not doing what I am looking for (Light 2 just ramps up to high). How responders work is not 100% clear to me in relation to a straight program, is there a good FAQ somewhere?

What I am looking to do is dim and brighten the lights together at the same time. So if I brighten one, the other should brighten to the same level and stop (I tried fade stop). I want to have the lights do the same for Light 2 as well in relation to light 1.

Can I do this?

Thanks!

Hello Alexander,

Yes, absolutely: this is the fundamental feature of INSTEON. Understanding scenes is very important in making your configuration easier to understand and operate.

Please do checkout our tutorials on Scenes:

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... ide#Scenes

Specifically, you would want to checkout the Multiway tutorial.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for the reply. I tried making light 1 a controller and light 2 a responder but it is still not doing what I am looking for (Light 2 just ramps up to high). How responders work is not 100% clear to me in relation to a straight program, is there a good FAQ somewhere?

What I am looking to do is dim and brighten the lights together at the same time. So if I brighten one, the other should brighten to the same level and stop (I tried fade stop). I want to have the lights do the same for Light 2 as well in relation to light 1.

Can I do this?

Thanks!

Archived