CAO tag "Door" inconsistant

Blackbird

I have one tag set to motion and the other for door.  The motion notification responds reliably where the door seems to work for a while then stop.  I reversed the options on both tags and it doesn't seem to be the tag but the option of "Door"
Could try rotating the tag 90 degrees. Assuming you mounted it with the corner hole you should be able to twist it for trial. Then you have to reset it to establish a 'closed' base position.

Did your battery readings settle down?

Sent using Tapatalk

Yes 2 of them are in the 70's and the freezer went back up from 32% to 65%.  I dont have the 2 mounted yet, still testing but every once and a while I sit them upright then lay them down.  That is how I'm testing
I think they have trouble with range if they are tight to a sheet of metal. Mine was dead until I stood it straight up from my metal garage door. It sits as a diamond shape but works well on e put into door mode.

I am using it via xyz position in ISY via kumoapps that only updated every 15 minutes. Way too long for door motion sensing.

Once I turned on door mode it updates as soon as it detects it is moved and I can slow my updates down to 30 or 60 minutes, saving battery life.

Sent using Tapatalk

Archived