BETA Release 2.7.6 is now available

MikeB

PLEASE NOTE:

There was a major bug in our initial 2.7.6 release where Folders were not being saved (lost after reboot). If you installed 2.7.6 prior to the time/date of this edit (7/23/09, 5:15pm EST), please re-download and install the corrected firmware.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

BETA firmware release 2.7.6 is now available for the ISY-99 and ISY-26 family of home automation / energy conservation controllers. Below is a summary of changes since our last release (2.7.5):

FIXES

- Task priority for HTTP/HTTPS (system hang)

- Backlight on/off levels are now separate

- No query action in programs for EZIO and EZRain devices

- AT&T text domain updated + others

- Bug 279: relay devices not in Adjust Scene

- Bug 272: WeatherBug data incorrectly interpreted

- Bug 181: Can't add two consecutive addresses to receipients

- Bug 253: Notification Settings do not check for valid email address

- Thermostat Program Auto mode now shows both set points

ENHANCEMENTS

- Bug 282: /rest/time to get system date time

- Bug 54: disabled programs to show up with red X

- Bug 159: KPL (V2) non toggle status now shows on/off

- Bug 233: Warnings for firmware update/ISY restore

- Bug 200: Folders are not flagged when modified

- Bug 239: newer SwitchLincs include the ability to adjust the LED brightness level -- NOT TESTED

- Applet-less operations using JNLP (no browser necessary)

ISY99 SERIES ONLY ENHANCEMENTS

- You can now group devices with more than one node by using Group Devices menu option

- Bug 16: Support for folders to group devices/scenes (into rooms/locations/etc.)

- Bug 91: disable device feature allows you to disable a device (not addressed in queries)

DEVELOPER

--The following services were added:

AddFolder

RemoveFolder

RenameFolder

SetParent

--WSDK updates with the schema for the latest nodes config.

--REST

--- /rest/nodes/folders -- returns folders (99 only)

--- /rest/time -- returns time configuration

IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ THROUGH BEFORE UPGRADING

- If you are upgrading from an older ISY firmware release (pre-2.7), please see the following thread for special considerations:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2767

- Please ensure you have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

- Many anti-virus and firewall packages can interfere with the ISY's Administrative Console, especially during firmware updates. Please consider disabling them before running a firmware upgrade.

- Please be sure to run firmware upgrades from a stable and, if possible, hardwired network connection. Avoid running firmware upgrades from marginal wifi conncections. If possible, avoid running firmware upgrades from off-site locations.

- If you are having a problem locating your ISY in My Network Places, please try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i instead.

- After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.6 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

USERNAME: isy

PASSWORD: autoupdate

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the ZIP file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-99 OWNERS

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.6 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

USERNAME: isy

PASSWORD: autoupdate

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the ZIP file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot

REMINDER!

After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

ISY firmware 2.7.6 supports launching the Administrative Console directly from an icon (instead of through your web browser).

To download and install the Administrative Console on your PC, please click the following URL:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.6/admin.jnlp

An icon will be created on your desktop to launch the Administrative Console directly.

This also allows connecting to a remote ISY, and also bookmarking URLS to multiple ISYs. If launching the JNLP Administrative Console from a PC on the same LAN as your ISY, simply cancel the login prompt and minimize the Administrative Console window. You will find an "ISY Finder" window where you can add URLs for one or more ISYs you'd like to connect to.

NOTE:

This feature works by storing and launching the Admin Console from Java's temp file location. If your PC is not set to save temporary files on your PC (through the Java Control Panel icon) the desktop icon will not be created.

PLEASE NOTE:

There was a major bug in our initial 2.7.6 release where Folders were not being saved (lost after reboot). If you installed 2.7.6 prior to the time/date of this post, please re-download and install the corrected firmware per the steps in the original post.

ISY firmware 2.7.6 supports launching the Administrative Console directly from an icon (instead of through your web browser).

To download and install the Administrative Console on your PC, please click the following URL:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.6/admin.jnlp

An icon will be created on your desktop to launch the Administrative Console directly.

This also allows connecting to a remote ISY, and also bookmarking URLS to multiple ISYs. If launching the JNLP Administrative Console from a PC on the same LAN as your ISY, simply cancel the login prompt and minimize the Administrative Console window. You will find an "ISY Finder" window where you can add URLs for one or more ISYs you'd like to connect to.

This will be useful. Thanks a bunch.

Why does the ISY Finder window stay open in the background (even though it does not show up on the taskbar)? It can't be minimized and it can't be closed with the X in the upper right corner (only Cancel seems to get rid of it).

PLEASE NOTE:

There was a major bug in our initial 2.7.6 release where Folders were not being saved (lost after reboot). If you installed 2.7.6 prior to the time/date of this post, please re-download and install the corrected firmware per the steps in the original post.

Yep, you are correct. There went a half hour this morning on folder organization!!!

Oh well, all the new goodies make it worth while.

Thanks,

Tim

Upgrade went fine, but noticed one thing.

My backyard program for the MS has a big red X on the details page. How do I get this off?

Hi AnthemAVM,

The red "X" means the program is not enabled. Disabled programs can be run from other programs but will not execute otherwise.

Also new is the ability to Disable Device so those LampLincs you use for holiday lights don't have to trigger a warning every night when the general Query is executed. These devices are also marked with a red X.

Rand

I noticed the new SL with Sense devices are able to have their LEDs dimmed now in the ISY, but the SL dimmers do not. Do the SL dimmer switches not have that capablility yet?

You guys did a great job with this new version, Thank you for all of your hard work!

Tim

I have uploaded the new Beta, but how do you adjust teh LED brightness, as I have pretty new Switchlincs?

Other than the KeypadLincs, the only other device that I know of in production is the 2476S ON/OFF Relay with Sense (V5.0+). If the ISY has detected this as a device type "SwitchLinc Relay w/ Sense v.xx", then you will see a third button next to the ON/OFF buttons on the device screen. Pressing this will bring up a window where you can enter a value from 0 through 15 decimal. I'm not sure if it's working properly as 0 is full brightness and 1 through 15 set the LED to very dim (not even half-brightness). If you put any other number higher than 15 in there, the ISY program logic masks off the higher bits, resets the number to 4 bits (15 decimal or less), but sets the Switchlinc LED to something funky in some cases:

0 (decimal entry) = $00 (hex equiv.) = full brightness (Switchlinc LED)

1 = $01 = really really really dim

14 = $0E = really really dim

15 = $0F = really dim

16 = $10 = really really really dim, secondary entry window when opened again displays 0 (but LED is not full brightness)

17 = $11 = really really really dim, secondary entry window when opened again displays 1

To get back to full brightness once you've experimented with it, just enter and save 0 in the secondary window.

This morning when I logged in (using the nifty new desktop icon, no browser) I was prompted for an optional update to my 99i software. Any idea what that was? I accepted it, but it seems like i am still on 2.7.6.

Or did I misunderstand the prompt? Was it really just a general Java update? It mentioned the 99i - so it makes me think it was specific to my ISY.

This morning when I logged in (using the nifty new desktop icon, no browser) I was prompted for an optional update to my 99i software. Any idea what that was? I accepted it, but it seems like i am still on 2.7.6.

Or did I misunderstand the prompt? Was it really just a general Java update? It mentioned the 99i - so it makes me think it was specific to my ISY.

I had the same,but thought it was more to do with the shortcut than the ISY program itself.

Michael

The desktop java app will update itself whenever UDI updates it on their server.

Archived