Solved-Two Portals, one suddenly says Access Denied

johnjces

I have two ISY's and both are still on 4.7.3. One is located in Tucson, AZ and the other in Show Low, AZ. Both have active portal accounts for Alexa access and both state they are connected when you go into that portion of the ISY admin and check the status. Each has a separate login for the ISY Portal. In Tucson, Alexa will act like it is working but no action happens. As an example, no light will turn on or turn off but Alexa will signal the OK ding. Sometimes after a minute or so, the action will happen, the light will turn off for instance.

Tonight I tried logging into my Tucson Portal account and every time it stated that "Access Denied". I have not changed my portal account password or user name and somehow I am thinking that this might be a problem with Alexa being slow in sending the commands or sending the commands and getting an OK response but nothing happens.

I feel that this is more an issue for the main guys at UDI, (Michael), but I am not certain. I need to get my Tucson Portal checked. There really isn't anything in the the error logs. Main logs show nothing.  I checked and compared some devices between the ISY and the PLM and they all looked good. I have also been thinking that my PLM might be fading as it at that 2 year mark, maybe 2.5 years.

Alexa states that " 'device' IS Not Responding" . Yet I might be able to turn it on via Alexa but when I tell her turn the device off she'll tell me it's not responding. I have rebooted my firewall and ISY and the PLM in the proper order.

I just don't know where to turn but feel that my inability to access my portal account, that being access denied, has something to do with my problems when it comes to Alexa in Tucson.

Thanks for any thoughts or where I might look. Oh I am 99.9% sure I haven't forgotten my Portal password.

John

Well, I do have my Portal login issue resolved but still have issues.

I still do not know what my issue it with the random, maybe I'll work, maybe I won't Alexa command. Sometimes the log shows no issues other times it states error system log or similar. I forgot to add that even from the local Admin Console, I can turn a light on and off and sometimes I will get an 'error; communications failed' or similar type error/message. (Not a direct quote of the error). Using Agave with port forwarding it will sometimes just fail showing the previous state. It's just so random. As I write this it appears to be working very well!

I somehow feel that my PLM is failing but not exactly sure how to check it other than what I have done/tried in my original post above. I do have a spare PLM. Knowing that a cable can fail just sitting there, I will swap cables, serial anyway, and see what happens before I restore a new PLM.

Any thoughts before I restore a new PLM would be wonderful and thank-you in advance!

John

Archived