Controlling a scene using a program with V5

toddhutch

Sorry if this has been already answered, I've been search and reading looking for this for a couple of hours now to no avail.

I simply want to be able to control a scene from a program.  I have a scene called home, with a single switch 2477D called Mudroom 1 as the controller and the rest of the devices in the house are responders in the scene. I was thinking that all I would have to do is to change the Mudroom 1 to either on or off and that would work, it doesn't.  I'm using the current 5.16 software.

Thank you, it's been quite the head scratcher.

-Todd

Sometimes, the devices that are linked are much further away from the ISY, signal wise, than the controlling swithclinc. If you have a spare plugin module to try in the area that could help. Sometimes the load can overwhelm marginal signals... low voltage transformers, fans, etc. However typically the problems with load are with turning it off only, not both on and off

Paul

30 minutes ago, toddhutch said:

Sorry if this has been already answered, I've been search and reading looking for this for a couple of hours now to no avail.

I simply want to be able to control a scene from a program.  I have a scene called home, with a single switch 2477D called Mudroom 1 as the controller and the rest of the devices in the house are responders in the scene. I was thinking that all I would have to do is to change the Mudroom 1 to either on or off and that would work, it doesn't.  I'm using the current 5.16 software.

Thank you, it's been quite the head scratcher.

-Todd

What exactly isn't working? What are you trying to accomplish? Posting a copy of your program will allow us to help decipher what you're trying to do

At the very basic you would just saying mudroom is:

If control mudroom is switched on and control mudroom not switched off, then set scene on or else turn off.

With that said, since you're using a scene already with the mudroom as the controller, you don't need a program.

When physically turning the mudroom switch on, it turns the home scene on, and when physically turning it off, it turns the scene home off.  But when from ISY software turn the switch on and off it turns just the switch on and off.  What I'm trying to do is turn the scene home on and off via a program that is triggered by a number of different events. 

Archived