Zigbee or Insteon compatible thermostats?

bretta

Any affordable options out there?  The Insteon thermostats are a sick joke.   Looking for something that is at least compatible with mainstream thermostats.

I have an ISY 944i/Z so can use Zigbee.  I see some options out there but have yet to find any at a reasonable price.   I need 15 of them, so price is a serious concern.

Looking for folks who have something in operation who might be willing to answer some questions. 

I've looked at Sinope TH1400ZB.  I can use these in 12 of the required locations, but they are heat only, so won't work in 3 other locations.
Another option I've investigated somewhat is the ZEN zigbee unit.  This does heat and cool but I cannot find information on whether the RC and RH circuits are independent.  This is critical.   Price is also an issue on these ones.

Interested to hear what others are running.

The isy zigbee radio is for energy management not zigbee ha. You are better off using zwave (swap out your zigbee for zwave).

Due to needing to build out a mesh network regardless of whether it's zigbee or zwave, you're better off using a wifi capable thermostat.  I would go with something like the ecobee as mentioned (I use it myself) or the Venstar T8750. You can use polyglot to control both. The thing I love about the ecobee is that it works wonderfully without the Isy. 

12 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

The isy zigbee radio is for energy management not zigbee ha. You are better off using zwave (swap out your zigbee for zwave).

Due to needing to build out a mesh network regardless of whether it's zigbee or zwave, you're better off using a wifi capable thermostat.  I would go with something like the ecobee as mentioned (I use it myself) or the Venstar T8750. You can use polyglot to control both. The thing I love about the ecobee is that it works wonderfully without the Isy. 

I did not know that.  Thanks for pointing that out before I spent a bunch of money on crap I can't use.      

Not going cloud under any circumstances, forgot to mention that in my initial post. 

As I also suck at programming anything, I'm gonna guess I'm stuck with the Insteon crap and will live in hope that they get their heads out of their asses and come up with a viable solution.

Thanks for the response.  You saved me a bunch of problems and cash.

11 hours ago, bretta said:

I did not know that.  Thanks for pointing that out before I spent a bunch of money on crap I can't use.      

Not going cloud under any circumstances, forgot to mention that in my initial post. 

As I also suck at programming anything, I'm gonna guess I'm stuck with the Insteon crap and will live in hope that they get their heads out of their asses and come up with a viable solution.

Thanks for the response.  You saved me a bunch of problems and cash.

It may be a while yet, but if you can wait, the polisy should come completely paired with it's own polyglot c/w drop-in nodeservers at a few clicks. Many people here should be able to talk you through getting connected to an ecobee WiFi stat at that point.

Archived