How to temporarly disable insteon motion sensor from turning light out when motion is not detected

jblackst5000

I have an Insteon motion sensor in our basement that works great turning on a light when we enter the room. The problem is that sometimes I am working in a part of the basement not in the path of the motion sensor. When I work in these areas after about 5 minutes the light goes out and I have to walk over towards the motion sensor to turn it back on.

Could someone help me write a short program that I could enable by assigning it to a button (eg "C") on my Insteon 6 button switch. I want the program to either disable the motion sensor or keep its status to "on".

I would appreciate any help with this.

What are you using to turn the switch off? Is it an ISY program or the lack of motion?

Either way, you could write a program that disabled the motion sensor or the off program and have it run from the 6 button switch. The down side is having to remember to hit the on portion of switch to enable the program.

Hi Dennis, I use the lack of motion to turn off the insteon switch. I created a scene that includes the motion sensor and the light. 

Thanks for you advise. I will try and write a program to be activated when I run the 6 button switch to disable the motion sensor.

Thanks again for your help.

10 hours ago, jblackst5000 said:

Hi Dennis, I use the lack of motion to turn off the insteon switch. I created a scene that includes the motion sensor and the light. 

Thanks for you advise. I will try and write a program to be activated when I run the 6 button switch to disable the motion sensor.

Thanks again for your help.

Just so you know, you can also turn off the option in the motion sensor to turn off the light and use an ISY program to control the off function based on no further motion.

The should be an example in the WIKI or the ISY Cookbook.

Dennis"s suggestion saves power as well by not transmitting the offs

You have to get the ms and press it's set button to put it in linking mode.  Find it in the admin console, click on it and the click options. There's a checkbox for 'send on commands only"

Paul

Archived