Multiple ISYs / Multiple locations

madcodger

I have used an ISY and Mobilinc for years, but with only a single ISY at a single location. Now, I have a need to have two ISYs at one location (two buildings too far apart to have a single z-wave controller), and then a third ISY at a small office building we own (will be migrating over from a Smartthings hub). I currently use the ISY/UDI portal and wish to continue doing so as my connection path.

My question is, how is this achieved / managed on Mobilinc? 

Do I see a system/device selection screen when I start the app? Does it take a long time to load? If I wish to use different login info for each device (username/PW), does Mobilinc remember that for each system, just as it does for my single system now? 

Most of my use is and will be to simply log in and check the status of various sensors (temperature, motion) at each property, with occasional device on/off. But I want to be able to do this quickly and easily, without having to enter a bunch of login info for each system whenever I want to make a quick observation or adjustment at each and all of these properties. Any experience and information  that can be shared would be appreciated, so thanks in advance.

Hi @madcodger

MobiLinc Pro/HD/OML users:

These apps support multiple profiles where a profile is one ISY. You can add as many profiles as you like by going to Settings->Profiles. Here is also where you can switch profiles quickly. MobiLinc saves your login info and the last known status of that ISY. Switching between profiles is fast, however, when you switch MobiLinc reconnects to that ISY and syncs with it. If nothing changed then you should see status appear fairly quickly.

MobiLinc X:

Under the "Family" subscription MobiLinc X supports multiple ISYs on the same profile. Our servers keep your MobiLinc X app up-to-date in real time. So, as soon as you launch MobiLinc X you have access to all your ISYs instantly and all ISY status.

MobiLinc X also support multiple profiles under Settings->Active Profile if you have access to other family members ISYs for example or a work ISY vs a home ISY that are on different subscription plans.

Wes

On 12/6/2019 at 7:13 AM, madcodger said:

I have used an ISY and Mobilinc for years, but with only a single ISY at a single location. Now, I have a need to have two ISYs at one location (two buildings too far apart to have a single z-wave controller), and then a third ISY at a small office building we own (will be migrating over from a Smartthings hub). I currently use the ISY/UDI portal and wish to continue doing so as my connection path.

My question is, how is this achieved / managed on Mobilinc? 

Do I see a system/device selection screen when I start the app? Does it take a long time to load? If I wish to use different login info for each device (username/PW), does Mobilinc remember that for each system, just as it does for my single system now? 

Most of my use is and will be to simply log in and check the status of various sensors (temperature, motion) at each property, with occasional device on/off. But I want to be able to do this quickly and easily, without having to enter a bunch of login info for each system whenever I want to make a quick observation or adjustment at each and all of these properties. Any experience and information  that can be shared would be appreciated, so thanks in advance.

Thanks @DennisC and @InsteonNut! Exactly what I needed to know. I currently use OML, so it sounds like I’ll be switching to X in the future. Three questions re: that, please: 

Can I use the ISY portal to connect with Mobilinc X and stay “in sync” as described above? I do not wish to use the Mobilinc portal as I have other connections made via the ISY portal.

If the Mobilinc server (cloud connection?) goes down, can I still access my ISYs directly, via the ISY portal or a direct connection to each device, using Mobilinc?

OML currently appears in landscape mode only on an iPad (which I find annoying). Does X have a portrait mode option for viewing on iPad?

Thank you for your help.

@madcodger

On 12/7/2019 at 5:43 AM, madcodger said:

Can I use the ISY portal to connect with Mobilinc X and stay “in sync” as described above?

No. MobiLinc X is built for MobiLinc Connect. Features like instant sync, family accounts that sync settings between iOS/Android can only be done with our portal. That said, I'm just about ready to release an update to MobiLinc X that will support direct IP connections like the UDI Portal. It will sync like the older MobiLinc Pro/HD/OML apps work.

If the Mobilinc server (cloud connection?) goes down, can I still access my ISYs directly, via the ISY portal or a direct connection to each device, using Mobilinc?

The ISY can only support one portal at a time. So, same issue with UDI Portal. If that goes down, you'll lose access. The old MobiLinc apps can be configured to make a direct IP Connection. MobiLinc X, this direct IP support, is coming very soon.

OML currently appears in landscape mode only on an iPad (which I find annoying). Does X have a portrait mode option for viewing on iPad?

MobiLinc X is mobile only. iPad/Tablet support in all orientations is on my to-do list.

Wes

Archived