Using a devices power draw to trigger another device

glacier991

1 minute ago, glacier991 said:

You have stayed my situation precisely. Since I am designing and installing semi custom cabinetry, I have the luxury to adjusting and or building to match what I want or need. I like the idea of louvres. Cost? $400 vs upwards of $1500 for my approach. I have more time and talent than money these days, so....

Thanks for your insightful reply. I really appreciate it...

Now, for those 10 minutes...?

Just remember that the fridge will need to be replaced at some point and you want to have a space that is not so custom that it becomes insanely complex to replace.

50 minutes ago, glacier991 said:

Good point. It is the corner of a planned island, which should make it more future proof.

I caught that building my last home. For regular fridges the width has become very standard into three different widths but the height changes for every model. The cabinet makers want to clamp the using in full cabinetry and you have to pay big bucks to change the unit later. I settled on a larger enclosure height, with a show panel to reduce the height down to the model's actual height. Self heat is always electronics downfall. They need ventilation and air space to insulate the compressor noise too.

Archived