Polisy has arrived however I cannot connect. RESOLVED

I see what you mean, thinking outside the box. I do like you have a few programs that run great all in the ISY, lights turn on, off at different wake up times for me and my wife as we move about the house. Same goes for bedtime similar idea but I push a button to start the scene or now with Alexa speak bedtime. Same for our dog Alexa” taking Ozzie out. most of the flood lights turn on if he goes out of his area and up to the barn I have a motion sensor that goes off turns on more flood lights sends me a message barn alert. All my doors have open, close sensors with messages alerts. All the messages for all the sensors are done with Alexa. I never figured out how to text message inside ISY I believe you can?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/13/2020 at 3:36 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi all, a few comments:

1. WiFi connecting to open WiFi router is fixed in udx 10.0.26_8. If you have access to the UI, you can update directly
2. Time zone issue is also fixed
3. The problem with the secondary antenna (on the left side when facing Polisy) is that the connector is SMA whereas it should have been RP-SMA. Currently trying to source either the connector or the antenna. If you are not using 5Ghz, not having this antenna will have 0 impact. We will send email to all those affected as soon as we figure out where to source and the timelines.

With kind regards,
Michel

Just got some time to start looking around and thinking of learning the in's and out's of Polisy and Polygot and maybe download a node but first wanted to set the time zone to New York and no matter what I do it will not work,  And the first thing I did was tried to do was check for Polisy updates and their was I believe it said 31 updates and when I try to do that it comes up updates failed. I'm at a loss at this point if anyone could help would be great.

Thanks. pmhgeneral

2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@pmhgeneral,

I am so very sorry to hear. If you have access to ssh, login as admin/admin and do:

sudo pkg update && sudo pkg upgrade

With kind regards,
Michel

Hi Michel,

I do not have access to ssh or even know what it is,  I did go take a look at what it is  but I don't feel confrontable.  is their a another way to handle this or should I submit a ticket. 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:21 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

@pmhgeneral,

I am so very sorry to hear. If you have access to ssh, login as admin/admin and do:

With kind regards,
Michel

I submitted a ticket to get this done already.

Michel, I'm in same boat as @pmhgeneral -> if I do an update via Polisy UI, several updates are available according to the screen response, but the update process failes.

Went into Polisy via ssh, did the pkg update/upgrade commands and an update was reported as successful:

[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo pkg update && sudo pkg upgrade 
Password:
Updating FreeBSD-base repository catalogue...

... etc etc ...

The following 5 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
	udx: 1.0.26_8 -> 1.0.26_10 [udi]
	py37-urllib3: 1.25.6,1 -> 1.25.7,1 [udi]
	git: 2.24.1 -> 2.25.0 [udi]
	e2fsprogs-libuuid: 1.45.4 -> 1.45.5 [udi]
	cyrus-sasl: 2.1.27 -> 2.1.27_1 [udi]

Number of packages to be upgraded: 5

928 KiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
[1/3] Fetching udx-1.0.26_10.txz: 100%  538 KiB 550.9kB/s    00:01    
[2/3] Fetching py37-urllib3-1.25.7,1.txz: 100%  161 KiB 164.7kB/s    00:01    
[3/3] Fetching cyrus-sasl-2.1.27_1.txz: 100%  229 KiB 234.7kB/s    00:01    
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
[1/5] Upgrading e2fsprogs-libuuid from 1.45.4 to 1.45.5...
[1/5] Extracting e2fsprogs-libuuid-1.45.5: 100%
[2/5] Upgrading cyrus-sasl from 2.1.27 to 2.1.27_1...
*** Updated user `cyrus'.
[2/5] Extracting cyrus-sasl-2.1.27_1: 100%
[3/5] Upgrading udx from 1.0.26_8 to 1.0.26_10...
[3/5] Extracting udx-1.0.26_10: 100%
[4/5] Upgrading py37-urllib3 from 1.25.6,1 to 1.25.7,1...
[4/5] Extracting py37-urllib3-1.25.7,1: 100%
[5/5] Upgrading git from 2.24.1 to 2.25.0...
===> Creating groups.
Using existing group 'git_daemon'.
===> Creating users
Using existing user 'git_daemon'.
[5/5] Extracting git-2.25.0: 100%
=====
[ -> message from py37-urllib3-1.25.7,1:  ...  ]

After the update/upgrade, did a sudo reboot (just in case).  Polisy Dashboard now reports:

Version 2.2.8 Status: Connected
Frontend Version: 2.2.8
ISY Version: 5.0.16B
Uptime: 2 Hour(s) 27 Minute(s) 24 Second(s)
(c) 2020 UDI
Running on Polisy
Documentation

Still can't select Canada AB Edmonton as my tz/location (but can select Canada AB Calgary).

Still seeing wlan0 show up by default under IP4 Networking although I'm using an ethernet cable plugged into a switch.  If I choose igb0 (my cable) as my interface and save it, Polisy reports "No Changes detected to igb0" and wlan0 remains the default comms port.  Its almost like this is the intended default interface, as if its the first in a list of candidate interfaces.  Maybe its just me,  but it makes more sense to show the configured and in-use interface by default.

@f11,

Apologies for tardy reply. We were testing udx_1.0.26_14 which has pretty much everything fixed. There are still Polyglot UI errors. The udx update is pretty extensive and adds features that will mitigate most - if not all - these issues. The most important one of these enhancements is:

1. Each udx package now has a list of necessary packages + a list of packages that need to be removed. Upon start, udx will install the latest packages in the list and removes those that cause issues
2. If you click the reset button twice, udx will do #1
3. It checks to make sure polyglot and mongod services are started. If not, it'll start them
4. Reset button can
- reset credentials (press and hold 5-10 seconds - the first light blinks)
- reset networking ... only igb0 will be active /dhcp with everything else turned off (press and hold 10-20 seconds - the first 2 lights blink)
- factory reset - does above 2 + removes all configuration files for polyglot and drops all databases (press and hold 20-30 seconds - the 3 lights blink)

In short, upon each reboot and each udx service start will go through a harmonization process to make sure everything is going to work. And, reset button to the rescue if not.

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim My experience: Updating via the UI still produced "update failed" error. No amount of updates and reboots were successful. Tried the reset button twice and no luck. I assume it's because that functionality was not enabled yet because of failed updates.  I ssh'd in and did the manual update and all is well. I have just enough knowledge to do the manual update, but it may not be appropriate for all users. 

How can I tell what UDX version I'm running?

At some point would like release notes for updates, like we get for ISY.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for the detailed update Michel,

"reset button to the rescue" - Great !!  While the phrase 'reset button' brings a lot of negative baggage to the table that may not be applicable to Polisy, and I approach it with considerable fear and respect, thats a topic for another day.

I took a peek at what packages are currently loaded into my Polisy using 'pkg info' at the command line after logging in with ssh.  Its a l-o-n-g list, and includes the following, which seem to be important Polisy system packages:

udx-1.0.26_15             Polisy Admin Service
	py37-urllib3-1.25.7,1     HTTP library with thread-safe connection pooling, file post, and more
	git-2.25.0                Distributed source code management tool
	e2fsprogs-libuuid-1.45.5  UUID library from e2fsprogs package
	cyrus-sasl-2.1.27_1       RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)

Curious to see if I was current, and as you suggested, I pushed the reset button twice (gingerly), got some LED flashes and a couple beeps, and not a lot else.  Not even a note in the Polisy log that anything had, or hadn't, happened.  I guess no news is good news.

/var/log/messages showed that the udx pkg auto-upgraded itself from 1.0.26_14 to 1.0.26_15 at 2AM this morning (Jan 24th), probably because I rebooted the Polisy at that time for other reasons.  The other four packages haven't been updated since my Jan 20th message above.  While logged in, I ran the update and upgrade commands, which reported that everything was up to date, echoing what the Polisy UI menu update reported.

Is my inability to choose 'Canada AB Edmonton (-7)' as my location/tz one of the remaining Polyglot UI errors?  And the weird IP4 network interface info (I see 'ath0' has replaced 'wlan0' as the always displayed default)?  Neither of these minor nuisances bother me much yet, as the box operates just fine despite them.  But they tarnish the obvious polish UDI has attempted to put on Polisy, and I hope they can be addressed some day.

Should I be doing a '2-push-reset' action regularly to ensure staying current, or was that the intent?  That is, do system file updates happen auto-magically even if I don't trigger them manually?

Was there any further update on the mis-matched antenna matter?  I don't use Polisy with WiFi, so its not a big deal for me at the moment, just bumping the issue.

Thanks again for the detailed description of the reset button functions - good to know.

Did the manual
and all looked good,  except the same error (since v2.2.6) is logged every minute as well as this message in the log.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020-1-25 05:46:59 [polyglot] error: MQTTS: connectionError: null Cannot parse protocolId
2020-1-25 05:47:22 [polyglot] info: Caught SIGTERM/SIGINT Shutting down
2020-1-25 05:47:22 [polyglot] info: MQTTS: Client Disconnected:
2020-1-25 05:47:22 [polyglot] error: unhandledRejection REPORT THIS!: MongoError: interrupted at shutdown
at Function.MongoError.create (/snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/error.js:31:11)
at /snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:497:72
at authenticateStragglers (/snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:443:16)
at Connection.Pool.socketCount [as messageHandler] (/snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:477:5)
at Socket.dataHandler (/snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/connection.js:333:22)
at Socket.emit (events.js:159:13)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:265:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:252:11)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:209:10)
at TCP.onread (net.js:598:20)
2020-1-25 05:47:22 [polyglot] error: unhandledRejection REPORT THIS!: MongoError: interrupted at shutdown
at Function.MongoError.create (/snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/error.js:31:11)
at /snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:497:72
at authenticateStragglers (/snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:443:16)
at Connection.Pool.socketCount [as messageHandler] (/snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/pool.js:477:5)
at Socket.dataHandler (/snapshot/polyglot-v2/node_modules/mongodb-core/lib/connection/connection.js:333:22)
at Socket.emit (events.js:159:13)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:265:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:252:11)
at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:209:10)
at TCP.onread (net.js:598:20)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived