What Android App is Best for ISY with Polisy?

Tominnh

I'm just wondering what app people are using to access all of the added features from Polisy. I had been using Mobilinc Pro but that will not access all the new devices. Is there a new app on the way? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!

On 1/4/2020 at 4:35 PM, Tominnh said:

I'm just wondering what app people are using to access all of the added features from Polisy. I had been using Mobilinc Pro but that will not access all the new devices. Is there a new app on the way? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!

None. Polisy is new so developers haven't had a chance to catch up. We're had said he will support one day.

Personally I don't use apps so this doesn't bother me

52 minutes ago, oberkc said:

I have not tried yet, but does putting the new devices from policy into scenes not work?  Would not mobilinc see/control the scenes?

Yes, they work fine, just as they did when Polyglot was running on an RPi.  I have several, mostly using LiFX lights.  Attached is a scene that contains 2 KeypadLinc buttons and a "scene" defined in the LiFX nodeserver running on my Polisy.  It works very much like any other Insteon scene except it's a touch slower, as the ISY and Polyglot have to get involved.  The LiFX "scene within the scene" ensures that the 6 lights involved all react simultaneously.

I haven't had any experience with MobiLinc failing to handle this that I'm aware of.  I have plenty of other scenes with non-Insteon members, mostly Z-Wave, and they work as well.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 4.57.44 AM.png

Additionally, if you have repeating needs to fiddle with Polyglot nodes in predictable ways, couldn't you just write a program that uses a STATE variable to set values for those nodes?  Here's an example:

Change the value of a STATE variable in MobiLinc, causing the program below to run, which gives your light a new brightness value? 

New Program - [ID 00FE][Parent 00A7]

If
        $s.brightness > 0
    And $s.brightness < 70000

Then
        Set 'Devices / dirNodeServers / LiFX / LiFX Controller / LIFX Stand Light 1' Set Brightness '$s.brightness Raw'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

• 1 year later...

Archived