Why is a program sometimes not triggered even when condition is met?

I’ve had this happen on numerous occasions with different programs.

Sometimes a program won’t be triggered even when the condition is met.

For example, I have a program that will put a light switch turn on additional lights after sunset.

Sometimes the program works at first try, but sometimes it won’t and require a second switch-on to trigger the program.

Can there be logical explanation for this?

If
	Control 'Master / Lamp' is switched Off
Then
	Set Scene 'Master / All' Fast Off

Above is just one good example. I wrote it so I can turn off all the master bedroom lights from my bedside wall switch.

It works most of the time - i'd say 9 out of 10. But every once in a while, it doesn't.

29 minutes ago, ISY Newbie said:

If
	Control 'Master / Lamp' is switched Off
Then
	Set Scene 'Master / All' Fast Off

Above is just one good example. I wrote it so I can turn off all the master bedroom lights from my bedside wall switch.

It works most of the time - i'd say 9 out of 10. But every once in a while, it doesn't.

I have this happen with open/close sensors all the time.  Open the door and nothing happens.  Close the door and the program runs and turns on the lights.  For my instance I completely blame the open/close sensors as they have their own issues.

For this it may be a communication issue of the switch change or a communications issue of running the scene.  Something to check would be the summary page for last run time of the program.  If you know the program should have just ran and the last run time shows it did not then it's 1 of 2 things... 1 the signal never made it to the ISY or 2 the  ISY ignored it for some reason (unlikely).

Archived