Cannot communicate with error

I have an ISY994i (v.4.5.4 Firmware; v.4.6.2. UI) controlling 40 + insteon switches throughout my house. (I put the system in when I built the house in 2011). 

I have several several scheduled programs running (controlling only insteon light switches) which generally work pretty well, but not infrequently, some lights in a scene will fail to turn or off. 

More troubling though is when I load the Admin Console I typically receive a number of "cannot communicate with" errors, for example "Cannot communicate with Kitchen Side Door (XX XX XX XX). Please check connections. The next time I load the Admin Console, it may be a different device that gives the error. 

Those switches seem to be working  but I have not been able to find any rationale or consistent basis for these connection errors. 

Is the problem likely with the switch itself? 

Thx in advance 

15 hours ago, birdman said:

I have an ISY994i (v.4.5.4 Firmware; v.4.6.2. UI)

Your firmware is older than your UI.  It's generally accepted that this mismatch can produce odd behavior.  Fixing this may not cure actual communications problems, but it might relieve some of the symptoms you see the Admin Console.

You might try to use the ISY Launcher to see if it resolves this issue.

Archived