Can I control the LED behind a key of a control pad

Bonedaddy

I would like to to indicate when my garage door is open by illuminating or blinking the LED behind a button of a control pad.   I scanned the forum and tutorials but no luck.    I realize I could turn on a separate light somewhere but would like to keep it all at the controller.    Any help or guidance is appreciated.

20 minutes ago, Bonedaddy said:

I would like to to indicate when my garage door is open by illuminating or blinking the LED behind a button of a control pad.   I scanned the forum and tutorials but no luck.    I realize I could turn on a separate light somewhere but would like to keep it all at the controller.    Any help or guidance is appreciated.

The KPL LEDs are controlled by Scenes only. You have to create an Insteon scene for each LED and turn them on and off. 
LED brightness level is controlled across the board with a program command line. All LEDs will have the same brightness when on. It may be good to inject a Wait 1-2 seconds to allow Insteon traffic to settle down before hitting the LEDs with a change if it is based on a same KPL button press or reception of a wireless device via the same KPL. They act as one device and can cause problems with congestion into the same device (having so many Insteon elements in one address)

I "borrow a smart bulb and flash it in the corner, while garage doors are open. If my ISY sees me turn off the lights and then motion in the bedroom, that lamp flashes 100% brightness. My Alexa speakers also announce which garage door is open and when both are closed again. It becomes "usual" and is missed if not heard.

Archived