Mutually Exclusive Issue

jkraus

Hi Joe,

Thanks so very much. So, it seems that there's an issue with version 2Ds.

As far as your question about them being part of other scenes, it should not really matter as long as there are NO programs that are activated to control those scenes based on the status of devices in the other scene.

And, finally, here's my rule of thumb when creating scenes (or multiple):

1. If the same exact devices appear in both scenes

2. If the same exact controllers control the same responders

Then you should use one scene.

As far as applied locally, it basically means the on level which is used when you physically click the load button on that device.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel

All makes sense, but to be sure the "load button" is the button on the device (say a switch on a lamp) that is turned on/off, and it makes no difference if the KPL is in 6 or 8 button mode? and this is only for Pad "A"

Regarding Ver 2D KPLs what do you think I should do?

Hi Joe,

The load button is the one that controls the load. For both 6 and 8 buttons, the it's the one whose address ends with 1. When you first add, on the 8 buttons, this is named as x.x.x.A .... on the 6 button this is identified as x.x.x.1.

As far as the KPLs, I think it would be wise to get one replacement from SH and checkout the theory.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Joe,

Thanks so very much. So, it seems that there's an issue with version 2Ds.

As far as your question about them being part of other scenes, it should not really matter as long as there are NO programs that are activated to control those scenes based on the status of devices in the other scene.

And, finally, here's my rule of thumb when creating scenes (or multiple):

1. If the same exact devices appear in both scenes

2. If the same exact controllers control the same responders

Then you should use one scene.

As far as applied locally, it basically means the on level which is used when you physically click the load button on that device.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel

All makes sense, but to be sure the "load button" is the button on the device (say a switch on a lamp) that is turned on/off, and it makes no difference if the KPL is in 6 or 8 button mode? and this is only for Pad "A"

Regarding Ver 2D KPLs what do you think I should do?

Hi jkraus,

Yes, but I do not think you would want to do this:

1. You would have to make A controller and C responder in one scene

2. You would have to make C controller and A responder in the other scene

3. You will have to remove all mutex relationships

Operations will be slower. I strongly recommend getting replacement KPLs and using INSTEON's native functionality.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel

On last thought. What if I have the Pad A & C control two differnt programs in the ISY that just turns on the apprpriate scene,. Is this an acceptable way aroud the issue?

Joe?

Archived