Several issues ... PLM half-dead? JAVA? Mac OSX? Browsers? ... manual only

Intro:
I'm not an advanced Insteon user. We have an elongated house with mulitple electrical sub panels. 

Working setup with Insteon PLM + ISY994i + panel bridge link near master panel, 220v dual band controllers for hot water heaters at sub panels, 110v a mix of insteon light switches, indoor plug modules, outdoor plug modules, ... a good number of them dual band.

Past few year issues:

OS X - JAVA ... I can not for the life of me - despite countless hour and days spent - get into admin console on a recent computer, stuff is blocked at every turn, not enough instructions, ... two recent macs, nothing works. 

iPhone / iPad, can do the basic log on, it will list devices but not trigger anything, either showing both buttons as lit or just one, but nothing works. 

Periodic issues where some outdoor lighting will not come on.

Beyond that things worked, just could not expand the insteon network, rename things, try to troubleshoot, ... 

Recently:

Indoor lighting will not come on, timed programs don't seem to work for lighting. 

Rebooted things. Things seemed OK.

PLM Has green light on.

ISY has no error lights, just default light on left, can log on to device list, nothing responds

Now: no more hot water as programmed, no lighting as programmed, zero remote control over anything

So, time is up and it needs to get sorted
> get proper control over ISY 
> determine what to replace and/or fix 

I have an > 10 yr old windows laptop. Stability is an issue.

I can see the ISY. I can log on. Nothing really responds.
Admin console. All the devices are listed with an exclamation mark.
Then admin console crashed ... some minutes after one of the browser attempts to get a light to come on, it did come on. 

Borrowing a newer windows laptop ... want to download JAVA ... oracle warns it will not run in any browser. 

How can I try to troubleshoot, without pulling my hair out? 

I have unplugged and replugged the PLM and ISY.  No obvious issues. PLM has green light steady.

The PLM is: 2413S v 2.2 1635 
ISY-994i 256 running 4.7.5

How do I determine if the PLM is bad? 

How does one get into the admin console these days???

I appreciate any help and insights, because I'm two hours into this again already this am, trying to find solutions, stumbling around, not making any progress due to the ISY & JAVA hurdle ... 

Can you get into the Tools Menu, Diagnostics Tab.

Does the PLM Info/Status show it is connected and showing the PLMs 6 digit ID?

If you go into the Show PLM Links Table. Does it have more than a few or no entries?

Power cycling the ISY994i and PLM. If it works for awhile and then dies again. The PLM maybe showing one of its failure modes. Empty or almost empty PLM Link Database is another indication the PLM is starting to fail. Some have seen failures after 2 years old.

This is a real long thread on PLM power supply failures. There is some good information buried in some of the replies. On some of the symptoms users have seen. Date Code 1635 is 35th week of 2016. So it is possible the PLM maybe failing. Others may have added information for you.

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/13866-repair-of-2413s-plm-when-the-power-supply-fails/

Thank you for the quick reply and trying to help me!

PLM Status info:  43.A7.26 v9E connected

Show PLM Links table (hit start): it comes up with a list of 108 items.  

So, in that regard, things look OK? 

Where would I look next? 

The most obvious thing is I probably have 108 exclamation marks in the Admin view ... as soon as I log on, it throws a can't find thing for everyting. 
When I try any tiny change on a device, to initiate some communication.
It then comes up with a new " cannot communicate with ... " error. 

I don't think I understand the question " does firmware and UI match ? " 

PLM has been on a dedicated 110 v line on its own breaker on one of the sub panels. 

ISY is on a different circuit, along with the other network electronics, plugged into a UPS with voltage regulation. 

Tiny steps.

I moved the PLM.  I can talk to a few nearby devices on the insteon network. 
Same sub-panel? 

Most are still (!) in the admin console ... 

The only recent hardware change, would have been some work in the garage, and we got an additional fridge, but that was 6 months ago ... and even the nearby outletlinc that controls lights in the garden, functioned fine till a few intermittent drops in past weeks, and the full stop of exterior lights. Hot water heater controller is nowhere near there and practically line of sight 10 ft!! 

Really scratching my head.

So, the living room is somewhat central in the house, square, couple couple outlets on each wall. Nothing is in use in the room. 

I have the PLM in one outlet. Then I have in four insteons in the other outlets 2 LampLincs Dual Band and 2 Outlet On/Off. 

I can control the Outlet ones, but not the lamp ones?! 

Even though they're on one or two circuits ... on the same subpanel ... line of sight 16 feet. 

And according to the admin panel I have 6 things working ... rest all (!) 

Archived