Displaying individual variables "as devices" (sort of like virtual devices)

madcodger

My program updates as it should.

Basement Temperature - [ID 007F][Parent 0001]

If
        'Polyglot / Buss House / Basement' Temperature is not 100.0°F

Then
        $Basement_Temperature  = 'Polyglot / Buss House / Basement' Temperature °F
        Wait  5 seconds
        Set 'Polyglot / Virtual Device Controller / Basement Temperature' Set Temperature '$Basement_Temperature Fahrenheit'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Mine is also running as it should:

Ecobee basement - [ID 00A9][Parent 00A8][Run At Startup]

If
        'Ecobee / Ecobee - AH Dining room / Ecobee - Basement' Temperature is not -30.0°F

Then
        $vEcobee_basement  = 'Ecobee / Ecobee - AH Dining room / Ecobee - Basement' Temperature °F
        Set 'Temperatures / Basement' Set Temperature '$vEcobee_basement Fahrenheit'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I really like the "previous temp" add....been staring at it for too long.  I also had to update and restart the programs associated with the virtual temp nodes.  I discovered the mapping between the node numbers and variables was not correct for a few (e.g., basement and upstairs nodes/variables were swapped) but I don't think I can blame that on updating to the latest version....:)

9 minutes ago, markv58 said:

@Teken That's if you are comparing the variable to the temp sensor. If you are doing the if temp sensor is not 1000, then the sensor will need to change value to trigger.

I don't believe this latest release is operating as one would expect to be honest. In 1.0.3 everything just worked and the only changes I needed to do was change my program to use Convert raw to precision. Now, things simply don't work and what's odd is the State Table when I pressed the set temp in any of those nodes changed, than flipped to some random single digit value??

The AC never updates the system with the most recent value?!?

As an aside when people append their programs as much as I appreciate it - it really has no value. As the text doesn't render and display the true option selected. Everyone is going to have some random word that describes their widget - that's meaningless. This is why I always try to upload an image capture of my settings when I'm in front of a PC. There is no guessing or ambiguity as to what option in a drop down was selected and almost everyone one can follow that.

Lastly, when someone is looking at the AC for each node and see's three buttons from Set Temperature, Convert Raw to Prec, Convert F to C. Am I the only one who feels you're supposed to click on them and expect something to happen and stay that way??? Having pressed these buttons in the early stages at first glance I was like

*Great a single button to enable something* - Nope! 

All it does as far as I could tell is it will literally at that moment in time do X. And when X changes the system will return to what ever X was before?!? I've seen this in several other node servers so this isn't unique to this one. I pretty much just ignore pressing any of these buttons unless its something so obvious like *Enable Logging, Update Profile, Rediscover* etc. 

Init Value.PNG

Single Value.PNG

Program Options Selected.PNG

@Teken In the AC on a node page, pressing the Convert Raw to Prec or Convert F to C will do nothing if that was used in a program to set the current value, that way you don't keep converting the value down to nothing. If you press Convert F to C first that will also block out the Conv from Raw operation. These buttons are cleared once a new Set Temperature value is set. But again, if a program is doing the work, once converted the operation is blocked. So basically, only use the node page buttons if the node is not being run by a program.

Set up a node for a variable that isn't involved with a program and test it all out. 

Also, when you setup a new program or edit one, it's always a good idea to bump it, right click and choose Run If, to get things rolling and set the program to Run At Startup.

I am noticing that, with the Temperature C node, the program runs and the values are updated but the AC doesn't seem to change. Using prec 1 is the culprit, if it were 2 then there would be a noticeable change. Maybe another box to indicate when the value was updated will quell apprehensions about a program not working.

3 minutes ago, markv58 said:

I am noticing that, with the Temperature C node, the program runs and the values are updated but the AC doesn't seem to change. Using prec 1 is the culprit, if it were 2 then there would be a noticeable change. Maybe another box to indicate when the value was updated will quell apprehensions about a program not working.

@markv58

That would be great and have changed the precision from 0 - 1. I'll change it to 2 to see if something shows up in the AC. As you noted this is a AC display issue as far as I can tell because the temperature data is coming in and the state variable is changing. 

This shouldn't be so hard to get working and thus my frustration with myself. ☹️

Some testing has given me an easy way to show time since last update to show in the AC for the nodes. I will add that and push an update. I will use seconds for now and see what the feedback is. First I have some welding and painting to do while it's only 99F outside, 37.2 sounds so much nicer.

5 minutes ago, markv58 said:

Some testing has given me an easy way to show time since last update to show in the AC for the nodes. I will add that and push an update. I will use seconds for now and see what the feedback is. First I have some welding and painting to do while it's only 99F outside, 37.2 sounds so much nicer.

LOL . . . 

Living Room 1.jpeg

Backyard.jpeg

13 minutes ago, markv58 said:

@Teken Kinda like watching paint dry but not as fun:

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 9.44.28 PM.png

@markv58 You're just grinding it out today! ? Would it be much work to put a third box to indicate the average temperature. Also, can you change the heading to see how it would look with Current Temp, Previous Temp? 

Fantastic! Thank you for this. Have not (yet) got this going but in my case I have my Brultech GEM sending temp data to an ISY state variable from some one wire probes. I suspect this will work fine with the temperature node.

Can I ask that we add other node types? With the GEM sending data I’d like to see power related nodes (watts, amps, voltage). Is this possible?

Thank you!

Fantastic! Thank you for this. Have not (yet) got this going but in my case I have my Brultech GEM sending temp data to an ISY state variable from some one wire probes. I suspect this will work fine with the temperature node.

Can I ask that we add other node types? With the GEM sending data I’d like to see power related nodes (watts, amps, voltage). Is this possible?

Thank you!

I didn’t want to sound greedy so thanks for asking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MWareman @Teken Unfortunately when I attempted the fifth node type I hit a brick wall, spent hours trying to get that done. Nearly lost my mind trying to figure out what comma or space or dot wasn't in the right place.

There is the Generic Node that you can tag with generic and dimmer, I can add more variations or just let it be free form. The data is displayed with no formal format but if free form labels in the custom config params the node could be labeled watts or amps or volts or whatever.

Still tinkering with the TempC node trying to get it to wash Tekens car.

To display values in their proper format, if there is one, a specific uom is used for the Drivers (the boxes) that display info. I could just setup a bunch and then most any data could be sent.

I will tinker.

@MWareman @Teken Unfortunately when I attempted the fifth node type I hit a brick wall, spent hours trying to get that done. Nearly lost my mind trying to figure out what comma or space or dot wasn't in the right place.
There is the Generic Node that you can tag with generic and dimmer, I can add more variations or just let it be free form. The data is displayed with no formal format but if free form labels in the custom config params the node could be labeled watts or amps or volts or whatever.
Still tinkering with the TempC node trying to get it to wash Tekens car.

As I’m sitting in the garage just sweating balls. Had a few seconds to login and that just made my day!

Keys to the Rolls Royce is under the welcome mat. Two coats of Uber wax if you don’t mind.

Beer nuts and cold beverages are in the fridge help yourself!

Don’t mind the dog he’s been fed so won’t try to eat you just yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived