Weather data

When looking at all the options for weather polys, I have yet to find one that includes light and dark? I used to use these to setup outdoor lights to turn and on at >10 and off at <10.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

17 hours ago, mbski said:

When looking at all the options for weather polys, I have yet to find one that includes light and dark? I used to use these to setup outdoor lights to turn and on at >10 and off at <10.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a WeatherFlow PWS, and it provides illumination data.  There are three nodeservers for it (Polyglot, local and cloud, and NodeLink).  If you have a WeatherFlow PWS nearby, then you could use the WeatherFlow Polyglot Cloud nodeserver to retrieve information from the WeatherFlow servers.  Check this map for a nearby station, and if there is one, you could use it's station ID.  You'd be at the mercy of the station owner and your Internet connection, but if you're lucky enough to have a station nearby, it should work (I have no experience with the Polyglot Cloud version of this nodeserver, so I don't know if there would be configuration complications, though I think you simply need the station ID which you can get from the map). 

The screenshot displays the illumination values provided to my ISY (taken just at sunrise this morning, prior to any direct illumination on the device).

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 5.46.14 AM.png

Archived