Lamp module - turn off automatically after xx minutes?

So my daughter has a pretty lamp on her nightstand.  I have it connected to a "Lamp Dimmer Module".

Right now I have it turn on with the bedroom light, and turn off with the bedroom light.

I'd like the option to "turn on for 10 minutes, then dim to black over 2 minutes."

I'm just banging my head against to program:

IF
	LAMP status is OFF
	AND Keypad.D is switched ON
Then
	SET LAMP ramp rate 2.0 seconds
	SET LAMP ON 100%
	WAIT 10 minutes
	SET LAMP ramp rate 5 minutes
	SET LAMP OFF
	SET LAMP ramp rate 2.0 seconds
Else
	<do nothing>

I cannot figure out how to turn off the Keypad.D light.

The Keypad.D button is set to toggle.

Is there a better way to do this?

This seems to be a popular question lately.

Put the button (Keypad.D) in a scene by itself as a responder.

When you want to turn the Keypad.D light off, turn off the scene that you put it in.

If the lamp is the only thing that key D controls, you should be able create a scene with the key D as the controller and the lamp as the responder and turn off and on the scene in your programs.  I think...

Out of curiosity does the program above work as intended (aside from not turning off the button).  I would be worried that changing the ramp rate to 2 seconds during the 5 minute off ramp would interrupt the current operation.

There are many ways to accomplish what you are trying to do. If it were me, I would create a scene that turns on normally and another that turns off the way you want. If D is a controller already, then you're set with the lamp on scene. You would then set another scene to turn off. Add both devices as responders and configure the dimmer module with a 2 minute ramp rate

if time is from 8p to whenever and bedroom light is on

then

set lamp scene on

wait 10 minutes

turn off dimmer scene

Since you don't need the spead of an Insteon Scene, I would use simple and upfront obvious programs.

IF
    Keypad.D is switched ON  <----runs then with On
    AND
    Keypad.D is NOT switched Off  <---- runs Else with Off
Then
    SET LAMP ON
    WAIT 6 hours        <-------- just in case off timer
    run (else) program ThisOne   <------- do whatever the Off would do below
Else
    SET Lamp ramp rate 20 seconds <-------- first warning = faster fade down
    SET LAMP 20%
    WAIT 10 minutes
    SET Lamp ramp rate 2 minutes    <---------- turn it off over 2 minutes (for 100%) . Needs to be prorated so time may need to be much longer
    SET LAMP OFF

Archived