Remote Linc 2 Turning off lots of devices blinking red

I have a remotelinc2 8 button mode. A button is set to turn a scene off.  The scene has all the 35 lights in the house and the front door lock.  It's essentially, our go to bed button.  When I press the button, sometimes it does not turn off all 35 lights.  One or two will stay on.  Sometimes it works.   Most times the button remote linc blinks red a few seconds after pressing the button. Also, if we press any other button on a different remote while the scene is going, things get weird. 

Is this too many lights to control.  Am i better off making a program and having the remotelinc control the program (essentially shifting the work to the ISY)?

I've attached a log of a recent run that I think was successful. 

ISY-Events-Log.v5.0.15A__Wed 2020.07.01 06.33.45 AM.txt

I have a remotelinc2 8 button mode. A button is set to turn a scene off.  The scene has all the 35 lights in the house and the front door lock.  It's essentially, our go to bed button.  When I press the button, sometimes it does not turn off all 35 lights.  One or two will stay on.  Sometimes it works.   Most times the button remote linc blinks red a few seconds after pressing the button. Also, if we press any other button on a different remote while the scene is going, things get weird. 

Is this too many lights to control.  Am i better off making a program and having the remotelinc control the program (essentially shifting the work to the ISY)?

ISY-Events-Log.v5.0.15A__Wed 2020.07.01 06.33.45 AM.txt

Generally speaking when something has worked for a long time without issue and than stops working.

Something has changed . . .

The Remote Linc 2 happens to be one of those devices that just work or later on - doesn’t. Change the batteries first to see if there’s a difference. I would follow up with doing a scene test via the AC.

If you see consistent performance in operations than it’s something else. If you see the same random behaviour of loads not turning on it can be any of the following:

Noise Makers

Signal Suckers

2413S PLM going bad

Switches need a quick reset / restore

Remote Linc 2: Needs restore / going bad

Bring up the level 3 error logging while you complete the scene test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, uffy said:

I can replace the RemoteLinc 2 Battery?

If you are asking about replacing a battery in a RemoteLinc 2. Not easily done. As the case has glued tabs holding the two case covers  together. You would also have to find a replacement  battery. That fits, has the correct capacity, voltage and solder leads to the PC Board.

I did see a post somewhere about some one replacing one. I found the information file from my archives.

Battery.pdf

I can replace the RemoteLinc 2 Battery?
Every other button on the remotelinc2 works fine...however all the other buttons call programs.

Sorry when I initially replied this was for the 2440 Remote Linc and not the RL2. I would complete a scene test and observe what happens.

If the scene tests are positive and no activation issues vs RL2. I would focus on the RL2 moving forward. If you see similar results of random loads not coming on than the list above should be worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, uffy said:

ISY-Events-Log.v5.0.15A__Wed 2020.07.01 06.33.45 AM.txt 5.73 kB · 1 download

I control large scenes via programs rather than directly.... especially with wireless devices. I've found it to be more reliable when the isy is doing the heavy work.

For things that control the whole house such as my away button, I control individual zones (which happens to be the individual rooms all off scenes) with a 1 second wait between each one. This has made things much more reliable. 

The best part, should you want to update your remote, you don't have to find it and put it into linking mode. 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:48 AM, lilyoyo1 said:

I control large scenes via programs rather than directly.... especially with wireless devices. 

I will check my logs more closely but I agree with the sentiment here.  I think letting the ISY do the heavy lifting by utilizing a program is probably best. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 8:41 AM, uffy said:

I will check my logs more closely but I agree with the sentiment here.  I think letting the ISY do the heavy lifting by utilizing a program is probably best. 

This seemed to yield the best result.  As well as doing an entire re-write to all devices. I think the re-write to all devices was actually the biggest helper.  Not sure exactly why a full rewrite is so helpful.  Do the devices forget things?  Is this a PLM issue?  It seems with no changes made to any scene or device recently, them getting out of whack is very odd. 

I sadly count not really figure out how to diagnose scene method in the logs. 

Archived