Motion Sensor II -

I have a 2842-222 that stopped showing the current state (sensor) in the Admin console. Programs based on the sensor state are not working. I have deleted/added with no change in results. I have another 4 of these working with no problem; it's powered by the USB port, not battery. Suggestions.

Basement stairs sensor state.PNG

I have a 2842-222 that stopped showing the current state (sensor) in the Admin console. Programs based on the sensor state are not working. I have deleted/added with no change in results. I have another 4 of these working with no problem; it's powered by the USB port, not battery. Suggestions.
1484751949_Basementstairssensorstate.thumb.PNG.1c6bdab1f92257e1f569400cc4a6e50f.PNG

What firmware are you using these on 4.XX? If so the MS II is only supported (somewhat properly) in the 5.XX firmware branch.

The system shows 0.0 firmware (Top Right) so it hasn’t been added correctly. You also don’t have all the nodes listed unless you didn’t tell the controller to list them out or you haven’t (Right Mouse Click) to group them for easier viewing and managing.

Lastly, anytime the controller is rebooted the current state will not be displayed until activity is seen.

If all of the above has been done and the sensor still doesn’t change state when activated. Delete, Hard Reset, Add Properly, Test next to a dual band device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you check to see if the little sneaky disable button on the bottom (or top) of the MS II has not been pushed?

Took me a while to figure out they were even there and I had already tapped it several times trying to mount the thing. Check the enable status in admin console, as long as it has updated. You may need to tap the button a few times to get ISY sync'ed up with it first.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:17 AM, gzahar said:

Cycle power if you haven’t already

If that doesn’t work, factory reset. You will need to restore device table after doing that.

Factory reset took care of the problem. Thanks a lot.

On 7/2/2020 at 3:18 PM, larryllix said:

Did you check to see if the little sneaky disable button on the bottom (or top) of the MS II has not been pushed?

Took me a while to figure out they were even there and I had already tapped it several times trying to mount the thing. Check the enable status in admin console, as long as it has updated. You may need to tap the button a few times to get ISY sync'ed up with it first.

Checked that. Needed to do hard reset as suggested by gzahar, which was a bit of a pain since is USB powered with a long cord. Thanks.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:35 AM, Teken said:

What firmware are you using these on 4.XX? If so the MS II is only supported (somewhat properly) in the 5.XX firmware branch.

The system shows 0.0 firmware (Top Right) so it hasn’t been added correctly. You also don’t have all the nodes listed unless you didn’t tell the controller to list them out or you haven’t (Right Mouse Click) to group them for easier viewing and managing.

Lastly, anytime the controller is rebooted the current state will not be displayed until activity is seen.

If all of the above has been done and the sensor still doesn’t change state when activated. Delete, Hard Reset, Add Properly, Test next to a dual band device.

4.7.3 now 4.8 It had been working with this firmware. I just need the On-Off motion signal to run a program. I use the Insteon controller to change the sensor settings. All the other sensors show 0.0 firmware and are working properly. Not sure if I'm up to go to 5.xx, don't have another controller. Delete, Hard Reset took care of the problem. Thanks.

Archived