Polisy vs Polisy Pro?

Kentinada

41 minutes ago, Kentinada said:

This might be the wrong forum but is the only difference between Polisy and Polisy Pro that the Pro has wifi capability?  If I have an Ethernet switch I can plug a Polisy into, I don't need the Pro version - correct?    Thanks.

That is correct for both

I don't know whether future developments would provide other uses of the wifi capability other than just connecting the Polisy to your network. I could imagine (but don't know whether this is in the picture) that Polisy connects to wifi devices. Personally I always try (within my budget) to take the most options available.

14 minutes ago, asbril said:

I don't know whether future developments would provide other uses of the wifi capability other than just connecting the Polisy to your network. I could imagine (but don't know whether this is in the picture) that Polisy connects to wifi devices. Personally I always try (within my budget) to take the most options available.

I have the pro myself though it's only use would be convenience when it comes to adding far away devices that are already installed such as locks.

Even with WiFi based devices, as long as they're on network, the isy could talk to them. I do agree with you, the more options the better. 

Keep in mind like past hardware all of this can be upgraded later based on your needs and financial situation.

Regardless, who doesn’t want to be a Pro?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Teken are you saying if I bought a Polisy now, it could be upgraded to a Polisy Pro later?

Yes, Sir!

All it is, is hardware from WiFi, BLE, and possible limit on programs as in past none pro versions.

Upgrade when YOU are ready!

9 minutes ago, PurdueGuy said:

Does regular Polisy have Bluetooth built-in?  (I don't know if it's enabled yet. or will be.)  

No, I believe the BLE & WiFi are in one small daughter card. You can always purchase this later if need be. 

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm.  The pro has Bluetooth capability but it isn’t implemented yet?   When will it be implemented and could it be used to connect to my phone to tell my isy that I’m at home?  What else could it be used for?

Assuming everything was in place such as drivers in Polyglot and supporting Node Servers. My wish list is BLE would allow native phone, tablet, PC, via iBeacon / Eddy Stone detection. This sort of detection is important if one wants hyper local detection down to the foot vs wide area geo location.

BLE would also enable the customer to integrate BLE only devices on the market now. WiFi would support those type of devices from switches to sensors too.

I don’t foresee this being worked on until the big migration from ISY -> Polisy.

When that will happen is anyone’s guess but that process is already being tested now with the team. When that translates to public trials - who knows!

Archived