Signing in using ISY portal

ronvond

Signing in the last couple times I saw a message suggesting signing into all accounts using ISY portal.  I don't have an ISY portal account and really don't want to purchase anything else.  Is it possible to create an account simply for signing in?  Also, would that account use the same login information I'm currently using?

Thanks for your help,

Ron 

2 hours ago, ronvond said:

Signing in the last couple times I saw a message suggesting signing into all accounts using ISY portal.  I don't have an ISY portal account and really don't want to purchase anything else.  Is it possible to create an account simply for signing in?  Also, would that account use the same login information I'm currently using?

Thanks for your help,

Ron 

You don't need to purchase anything this is solely to unify the users login experience using SSO. Just create a portal account and insure both credentials match for the forum and ISY Portal.

For me.

The portal sign in used my email address on file and a portal password.

The first time I used it. It asked to verify my forum pass word I can't remember if the forum  users name was also asked.. After that the portal credentials got me into the forums.

• 2 months later...
On 7/11/2020 at 3:32 AM, Brian H said:

The first time I used it. It asked to verify my forum pass word I can't remember if the forum  users name was also asked

Something is very different for me...

My PORTAL account email, passwords and usernames are completely different.  This causes actual problems when I log in because the READ / UNREAD is totally separate between the two logins.  Attributions are likewise entirely different - Portal-Me cannot edit Forum-Me messages.

And the "Member since..." field is 2013 for one, 2020 for the other.  When I tried to use the same username during Portal account creation, it was denied because "that username is already in use".

Likewise, trying to align email-addresses gives:  That email address is in use by another member.

Essentially, it seems that since I already existed in Forums, I could not duplicate myself in Portal :-( 

I *wish* the two accounts both accurately reflected my long ISY involvement...

Edited by GPritchard
16 hours ago, gordonp said:

Something is very different for me...

My PORTAL account email, passwords and usernames are completely different.  This causes actual problems when I log in because the READ / UNREAD is totally separate between the two logins.  Attributions are likewise entirely different - Portal-Me cannot edit Forum-Me messages.

And the "Member since..." field is 2013 for one, 2020 for the other.  When I tried to use the same username during Portal account creation, it was denied because "that username is already in use".

Likewise, trying to align email-addresses gives:  That email address is in use by another member.

Essentially, it seems that since I already existed in Forums, I could not duplicate myself in Portal :-( 

I *wish* the two accounts both accurately reflected my long ISY involvement...

It appears you have multiple accounts both on the forum AND on the portal.  This likely requires direct help from universal-devices to untangle. 

• Like 1