Polisy Pro PORT description on the rear of the unit

can anyone please help IDENTIFY (help me label) the ports on the rear of this Polisy Pro?  I have looked everywhere for just a simple labeled picture and have not found ANYTHING with the description.  I purchased this during the pre-roll out and it just sat powered on :  it now does not even work -  never used - just sits and beeps with the 3 leds on from flashing ....

This is the answer from a ticket #8762  request that I received asking this same question:    Is there something that I missed on this answer?

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated and Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

Gary Pang

gpang@pangs.org

Thank you for the request, see responses below:

question: which rj-45 is for the network?

The one next to the 9 pin connector. (If facing the front of the device the one on the right)

which rj-45 is for the Insteon 2413s modem

The PLM still needs to be connected to ISY for now. 

is the Insteon 2413s still needed?

Yes if you wish to use Insteon. 

is the ISY994i ZW still needed?

Yes for now, eventually not. 

IMG_1956.JPG

Your Network port is labelled and correct. It is also correct according to the support you received.

Connect your polisy to your LAN. ISY connections do not change. The rest is done via LAN between your ISY994 and polisy boxes.

Polisy becomes a slave device to your ISY. You need to have ISY v5.xx installed.
You need to have your ISY IP address locked down in your router DHCP reservation table.
Then you need to set up your polisy with your ISY IP address and credentials etc.

Maybe I’m not understanding the question but you do realize you have three independent Ethernet ports. Unless something has changed you can use any of them from Eth0 - Eth2.

Plug it in and you will see the ports will become active and a DHCP IP address will be assigned by your router.

Once you log into the Polyisy the system will call out which port is Eth0 - Eth2 assuming the ports have not been disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the confusion is related to the larger picture, such as where the PLM plugs in, where the ISY plugs in, etc.

So, on the back of the Polisy there are:

- one DB-9 connector - that's a serial port, and it is currently unused.
- three RJ45 network ports - as noted above, connect one of those to your home (wired) network, the other two are unused.
- two USB-3 ports - currently unused.
- one power port - obvious.

So, regarding the ISY and the PLM - nothing at all has changed, neither of those plug directly into the Polisy.  Rather, all communication to/from the ISY and the Insteon devices is sent from the Polisy to the ISY over the network.

(At some point in the future, we may see the ISY functionality being incorporated into the Polisy, at which time the PLM would plug into the serial port (9-pin) connector.  But that is only a possibility, that is not available in any form at this point in time.)

I believe the confusion is related to the larger picture, such as where the PLM plugs in, where the ISY plugs in, etc.
So, on the back of the Polisy there are:
- one DB-9 connector - that's a serial port, and it is currently unused.
- three RJ45 network ports - as noted above, connect one of those to your home (wired) network, the other two are unused.
- two USB-3 ports - currently unused.
- one power port - obvious.
So, regarding the ISY and the PLM - nothing at all has changed, neither of those plug directly into the Polisy.  Rather, all communication to/from the ISY and the Insteon devices is sent from the Polisy to the ISY over the network.

(At some point in the future, we may see the ISY functionality being incorporated into the Polisy, at which time the PLM would plug into the serial port (9-pin) connector.  But that is only a possibility, that is not available in any form at this point in time.)

I guess all of us better find that Serial to RJ45 cable that came with the 2413S PLM!

Hidden in the bottom of the box / thrown away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks to all and Brad for making this simple for me to understand. This is all I wanted to do to my Polisy that is still in a non functional state - but little steps will get me back on track.... (I actually found the 2nd com port inside from and working on a FT232 {Non-Counterfeit} usb to RS232 interface to work with it)...

IMG_1959.JPG

Archived