Continual "Get Topology ELK errors"

Jgdavis14

This issue has gone on for a long time....years....    I have tried tracking it down several times and ultimately given up.   I check it about every month and did again today so I thought I'd take another shot at any ideas from here.  

I have no ELK products on my system.  (Not even sure what ELK is)   However when I run a log I get MANY Get Topology/ELK Errors listed.   Between 8/3 and 8/9 I had over 4400 of these out of less than 6,000 total entries.    They seem to come in batches of 3 every 6 minutes and last for any where form a single batch of 3 to 40 or 50 in groups of 3.   I can't seem to lock down something that might be kicking it off or an entry that might cause it to stop.   

HOWEVER, it hasn't appeared in the last 4 days.   That's the longest it's gone without  showing up.  I've made no change to my system and nothing seemed to be odd before it stopped.   MAYBE, for some reason it has actually been cured.   I doubt it.

Does any of this make any sense?   

I am having this EXACT same issue. I don't have ELK (and like jgdavis14 I don't know what ELK is!). I have nothing that I am aware of connected to my ISY in other words... NO external clients. Please help! The almost constant blinking is driving us and our cat crazy!

6 hours ago, Jgdavis14 said:

This issue has gone on for a long time....years....    I have tried tracking it down several times and ultimately given up.   I check it about every month and did again today so I thought I'd take another shot at any ideas from here.  

I have no ELK products on my system.  (Not even sure what ELK is)   However when I run a log I get MANY Get Topology/ELK Errors listed.   Between 8/3 and 8/9 I had over 4400 of these out of less than 6,000 total entries.    They seem to come in batches of 3 every 6 minutes and last for any where form a single batch of 3 to 40 or 50 in groups of 3.   I can't seem to lock down something that might be kicking it off or an entry that might cause it to stop.   

HOWEVER, it hasn't appeared in the last 4 days.   That's the longest it's gone without  showing up.  I've made no change to my system and nothing seemed to be odd before it stopped.   MAYBE, for some reason it has actually been cured.   I doubt it.

Does any of this make any sense?   

11 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Do you have any of the following:

MobiLinc Connect
MobiLinc App
Home Assistant
OpenHAB
Agave
Go2MyISY
Any other mobile app?

With kind regards,
Michel

I have MobiLinc app on my android smart phone. I believe I have MobiLinc Connect module.

Michel

I have Elk security system. Whenever I enable Elk M1XEP in the ISY configuration.I get continuously -" Connect, Connect Successful, Disconnect", periodically "Elk Querry All Failed, Reguesting retry" and periodically "Elk Load Topology". When I uncheck Enabled, it all stops. Consequently I cannot link the two systems.

Can you provide any help?

Bob

Any chance of getting an answer to this issue? I submitted a tech ticket and DID receive a response but the response stated to reply ABOVE this line and I couldn't write in that space so I  "replied" to Michel's email response to me and have heard nothing. 

@NewTech,

I responded to your ticket. Please disable MobiLinc and disable ELK in the Admin Console (if enabled) and check again.

@Jgdavis14, please disable MobiLinc and retry.

@BobM,

That means that ISY cannot communicate with your ELK Module. Here are some troubleshooting tips:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series_INSTEON:ELK_Security_Module#Troubleshooting

With kind regards,
Michel

Archived