SonosController NodeServer

simplextech

Sorry to be the one to complain again ?.  Sometime before 8pm PDT (2020-09-01 03:00:05 in the log) last night something broke in the connection between the SonosController and the API.  You can see the programmed command coming from the ISY for a playlist in the log, but nothing happened on the Sonos system.  I tried the program manually this morning as well as a number of manual commands like volume set, run playlist, etc., and still nothing.  Restarting the NS (after downloading the log) restored the connection.

sonoscontroller-0021b900ee84-8.txt

11 minutes ago, glarsen said:

Sorry to be the one to complain again ?.  Sometime before 8pm PDT (2020-09-01 03:00:05 in the log) last night something broke in the connection between the SonosController and the API.  You can see the programmed command coming from the ISY for a playlist in the log, but nothing happened on the Sonos system.  I tried the program manually this morning as well as a number of manual commands like volume set, run playlist, etc., and still nothing.  Restarting the NS (after downloading the log) restored the connection.

sonoscontroller-0021b900ee84-8.txt 442.53 kB · 0 downloads

No worries.  I experienced an issue last night as well.  Mine however was from communication from Polyglot Cloud and my ISY.  Another update is being pushed today as well.

1 hour ago, bcdavis75 said:

@simplextech LOL.  It's like the universe heard me getting over confident.  So sometime yesterday it died.  I can still run sonos manually from the sonos app but the nodeserver isn't communicating with it. Log attached.

sonoscontroller-0021b902512a-2_(1).txt 2.73 MB · 0 downloads

Your logs are interesting as there's a lot of network failures to the Sonos API.  All of them were caught except one error that wasn't in the exception list.  It has been added.  New version will be pushed and should be available at the top of the hour.

I thought I read somewhere that the version should update simply by stopping and starting the NS?  Just doing that still reports version 0.2.5 in the dashboard, as well as in the log, even though the store shows 0.2.6 available.  I know in the past I've deleted and re-added PGC nodeservers to update them; am I missing something here?

4 minutes ago, glarsen said:

I thought I read somewhere that the version should update simply by stopping and starting the NS?  Just doing that still reports version 0.2.5 in the dashboard, as well as in the log, even though the store shows 0.2.6 available.  I know in the past I've deleted and re-added PGC nodeservers to update them; am I missing something here?

Yeah.  Those numbers don't update even when the version updates.  But you can tell in this case by the number of TTY slots.  New version has 10. 

26 minutes ago, glarsen said:

Yeah, it's a pain in the butt to have to delete and re-add every time as it messes with the organization in my AC as well as requiring any programs to be updated so that they'll run properly again.

You only have to delete and re-install IF you want to see the updated version number.  Otherwise just stop/start and you'll get the latest release and not have to change anything.

The version not updating on stop/start is a PGC issue that I can't change.

45 minutes ago, glarsen said:

Does the version actually update, even though the log is showing version 0.2.5 still?  This is not just in the display.

Yes the nodeserver is pulled directly from GitHub on every startup.  So if you have it installed already and you do a stop/start it pulls the latest version that's in GitHub each and every time.

The problem is the "Version" information in PGC never updates.

2 hours ago, simplextech said:

Your logs are interesting as there's a lot of network failures to the Sonos API.  All of them were caught except one error that wasn't in the exception list.  It has been added.  New version will be pushed and should be available at the top of the hour.

Restarted and (presumably) updated.  I'll let you know if it breaks again.

Archived