Virtual devices appear as "Status Only"

tmorse305

There is a new Polyglot Node Server called Virtual that allows the creation of virtual nodes.  In particular you can create a virtual switch.  These switches appear as status only in the MobiLinc app.  You cannot turn them on or off directly.  I can control them if I put them in a scene, but I was wondering if it's possible to control them directly as you can do from the ISY AC and programs.  Thank you.

On 9/15/2020 at 8:12 AM, markv58 said:

I will add the hints and push an update.

Done. v1.2.2 has Hints for the Switch and Generic/Dimmer nodes and the link to a specific variable has been removed. Status of those devices is now stored in a .db for retrieval in the event of a restart.

Brighten and Dim commands added to the Generic/Dimmer node.

Temperature nodes are not affected by the update.

Update Profile and restart Admin Console to reflect changes after the update and restart.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 10:37 AM, markv58 said:

Done. v1.2.2 has Hints for the Switch and Generic/Dimmer nodes and the link to a specific variable has been removed. Status of those devices is now stored in a .db for retrieval in the event of a restart.

Hi @markv58, I have a Generic/Dimmer included in a scene that is a 3 way switch.  The scene is a Light. a KPL button and the virtual switch.  If I brighten/dim the scene from the AC, the virtual button tracks but if I brighten/dim from the physical switch or the KPL the Generic/Dimmer does not respond.  Can the virtual switch respond to local control?  Thank you.

image.thumb.png.6126efbf6d5e91fe6646604a002a108d.png

@tmorse305I am testing and trying to figure out what is or isn't happening with the dimmer. I am getting a value change when using a Controller device in a scene but it is either 0 or 100%, no dimming. I will poke around to see if there is a solution.

Archived