Ecobee not working but appears to be connected

Blackbird

I have validated that ISY was clean after I removed Ecobee.  When I go to the Polyglot cloud, install Ecobee on an available slot, the install goes fine.  It states Ecobee has started, yet the status doesn't show it has, and no PIN provided.  I've waited 12 minutes, no message, stopped it and restarted - still no status change and no PIN provided.  Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.24.35 PM.jpg

Got it, that is where the PIN was, in the log file and not displayed on the window.  Once the pin was entered, within a few minutes the status changed and all working.  Much appreciated for your patience and suggestion to look in the log (again)  I had checked it multiple times yesterday, only to see the error messages - but today all was good.

• 1 month later...

BTW, in the log I see: 2021-10-10 16:13:08,799 [NodeServer] [ERROR] ECO_CTR:Ecobee Controller:set_debug_mode: getDriver(GV2) failed

Perhaps related somehow?

Also (as I've tried doing this several times now), it seems that sometimes I get a link to authorize the connection to my ecobee account sometimes I don't (this is not the PIN link). This last time, I just copy/pasted the link specified in the log to authorize. Not sure if that's something that should work or not. 

Here's my latest log.  Currently I'm seeing an "Ecobee Controller" in my ISY but I'm getting no prompts in the polyglot dashboard for the Ecobee  NS.

Thanks for any help!

There is an issue with Polyglot sometimes not displaying the messages, especially on PGC, so you have to look in the log and will see the link like:

2021-10-10 16:28:10,514 [NodeServer] [WARNING] No existing Authorization found, Please <a target="_blank" href="https://api.ecobee.com/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=eeRigKDRCmR0zaNvLGABRG4eLpEc7r34&redirect_uri=https://polyglot.isy.io/api/oauth/callback&state=ecobee-0021b9021948-3">Authorize access to your Ecobee Account</a>

So, restart the nodeserver and wait to see the new link, if it doesn't show up on the UI then copy/paste that entire link in your browser within 10 minutes to authorize.

- Jim

Thank you for the quick response! By "restart the nodeserver" I assume you mean "Stop", then "Start" on the polyglot-cloud UI?

I did try authorizing by pasting the link (as I have before). And after that the nodes appear in my admin console as expected (though they have a lightbulb icon which I don't remember them having when this was working).

image.png.1015887607e7f40b215594a93624be32.png

However, I can't seem to access these nodes in a program like I used to. Also, I'm never prompted for a PIN. I'm guessing these two things are related?

Archived