Temperature sensors/probes

Steve Sullivan

I've been trying to figure out the best way to add a temperature sensor to my Insteon/ISY setup.

Is is possible to add temp sensors to one of the EZ products and have the actual temperature status available within ISY?

I have one Venstar on our main floor but wanted to monitor temperatures in other rooms and take some kind of action based on levels.

Any ideas?

I don't have any IOlincs or EZ products so I don't know what they are capable of and not sure how tight ISY is integrated with them.

Thanks

Hello Mr. Sullivan,

Unfortunately our integration with EZxxx products is not very reliable (except for 2x4 and EZFlora).

We were hoping to see Venstar thermostats with external sensors but I have not seen them yet. Above and beyond using another thermostat, I am not sure how else we can get temperature information.

With kind regards,

Michel

I've been trying to figure out the best way to add a temperature sensor to my Insteon/ISY setup.

Is is possible to add temp sensors to one of the EZ products and have the actual temperature status available within ISY?

I have one Venstar on our main floor but wanted to monitor temperatures in other rooms and take some kind of action based on levels.

Any ideas?

I don't have any IOlincs or EZ products so I don't know what they are capable of and not sure how tight ISY is integrated with them.

Thanks

Venstar does have add-on temp sensors such as this one:

http://www.venstar.com/Thermostats/ACC0400/'>http://www.venstar.com/Thermostats/ACC0400/

I have this sensor installed with my T1800 thermostat currently but I haven't really used it much because it requires going to the thermostat itself, opening the plastic door, and pressing the "outdoor" button...I'd love to be able to view the outdoor temp through the ISY.

they have other sensors too, go to the link below and scroll down to sensors:

http://www.venstar.com/Thermostats/

...We were hoping to see Venstar thermostats with external sensors but I have not seen them yet. Above and beyond using another thermostat, I am not sure how else we can get temperature information....

Thank you both for the response.

I have seen the other Venstar sensors which would be great if they worked the way I'd like them to. As I understand a remote sensor, if used, either acts as an outdoor temp or replaces the internal Venstar thermostats sensor.

As a work around to the viewing outdoor temp from ISY you could use the weatherbug module if you haven't already. I use that module and it's great for accurate light levels.

I suppose I could by more venstar thermostats and install them in the areas I want to monitor just seems expensive and a waste of features i'd never use.

I'm surprised nobody has come out with a insteon temp sensor. Seems like there are quite a few people looking for it.

• 2 months later...

Archived