Door sensor turn on light then stay on 5 min after close. program vs scene

ThisIsTheWay

I currently have a scene with a light and door sensor.  The light turns on and off instantaneously when the door is opened and closed.

I want to adjust this logic so the light will remains on for 5 minutes after the door closes.  The only way I can figure to do this is to remove the light and door sensor from the scene and create  program that when the door is open turn on the light then another for when the door is closed, wait 5 minutes then turn off the light.  What is fear is that the program will delay the how quickly the light turns on.  I really cannot have a delay to the on function.

Is there some other way to achieve this?

I use 2 programs:

Entry Light On - [ID 0005][Parent 0046]

If
        'Devices / Sensors / Door / Front- Door Sensor' Status is On

Then
        Set 'Rooms / Entry / Entry Ceiling Light' On

Else
        Run Program 'Entry Light Off' (Then Path)

Entry Light Off - [ID 0006][Parent 0046]

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        Wait  1 minute 
        Set 'Rooms / Entry / Entry Ceiling Light' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

16 hours ago, uffy said:

I currently have a scene with a light and door sensor.  The light turns on and off instantaneously when the door is opened and closed.

I want to adjust this logic so the light will remains on for 5 minutes after the door closes.  The only way I can figure to do this is to remove the light and door sensor from the scene and create  program that when the door is open turn on the light then another for when the door is closed, wait 5 minutes then turn off the light.  What is fear is that the program will delay the how quickly the light turns on.  I really cannot have a delay to the on function.

Is there some other way to achieve this?

No. Scenes resides in devices which respond much faster than programs can so there no way to override it. 

There will be a delay with a program but wouldn't be too much of one. I'd try it and see how bad it is. You may be able to live with it. 

1 hour ago, markv58 said:

I use 2 programs:

Entry Light On - [ID 0005][Parent 0046]

If
        'Devices / Sensors / Door / Front- Door Sensor' Status is On

Then
        Set 'Rooms / Entry / Entry Ceiling Light' On

Else
        Run Program 'Entry Light Off' (Then Path)

If

Then
        Wait  1 minute 

Else

How will this respond to the door opened then closed then opened then closed again 30 sec later?  Will the light turn off 1 minute after the first closure or the second?

1 minute ago, uffy said:

How will this respond to the door opened then closed then opened again?  Will the light turn off 1 minute after the first closure or the second?

As written if the second opening is during the wait it will restart the wait, so one minute after the second opening.  

There is a way to force the one minute wait to expire and the light to shut off before it can be re-triggered.  Takes 2 more lines in the 2nd program:

If

Then
      	Disable Entry Light On  
		Wait  1 minute 
		Enable Entry Light On

Else

Archived