Triggerlinc Heartbeat

Hi,

I have two wireless triggerlincs  (2421) in my network. I put these in when we moved to our house almost eight years ago to control the laundry closet and pantry lights. They have worked great.

More recently I have added an ISY994IR Pro to gain better use of my Insteon devices. Curious to see how others have been using their ISYs I have been looking at programs and examples posted online. One thing that I saw that caught my eye was a program that will send missed heartbeats and low battery warnings. I thought that this would be very handy to add to my battery powered devices (at the moment just the Triggerlincs).

However, I am unable to find these options anywhere. I thought that maybe I missed it when I linked the Triggerlincs so I removed them from the ISY, factory reset them and then added them back in. Still nothing.

As I said I bought these prior to moving into the house (a new build), so they could be up to ten years old. In the Admin Console they come up as v.34. Is it possible that these are simply too old and don't have the option or am I missing something?

I am running Firmware v.5.0.16C

Thanks,

K-Bert

I would say too old.

I am on v5.0.16C firmware in my ISY994iPRO.

Tested two of the modules. One was an original 2421 v.28  and a 2843-222 v.43 in the Administrative Console. The 2843-222 still is found as the older 2421 part number. The part number was changed when they added different RF frequencies for other areas of the world. The PCB in the module was also changed. No two pin jumper in the new one.

The old 2421 does not have a Heartbeat entry. The 2843-222 does have a Heartbeat Entry.

I can't give you much information on how they are being used.

Other differences.

The old model. Had two entries in the Administrative Console if you took the jumper Off. Open was used for Scene 1, Closed was for Scene 2. The new one has one entry for On-Off Scene and one for Heartbeat.

New model has a Set Button through the top cover. So you don't have to remove the cover to use the Set Button.

Archived