Insteon being discontinued?

jimg

1 hour ago, upstatemike said:

Does anybody know if the color of the RGB indicator LEDs on the Nokia switches and keypads can be controlled from Alexa? In other words can I use an Alexa command or routine to change the indicator LEDs from white to blue for example?

No. That's not possible at least at this time. The firmware can be updated so it's something that could potentially happen in the future

43 minutes ago, upstatemike said:

So how do you actually change the LCD indicator colors? If somebody writes a node server that talks to the Nokia hub could you do it from there?

No. Not something that's possible to do at this time. Even if it were possible, since they haven't released an API i don't see anyone writing a nodeserver for those devices

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

No. Not something that's possible to do at this time. Even if it were possible, since they haven't released an API i don't see anyone writing a nodeserver for those devices

Well there must be some way to change the color otherwise there would be no point in using RGB LEDs. Can you write events or progrms or whatever they call them natively within the Nokia hub? Can they be changed based on device triggers or only with schedules?

On 9/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, Teken said:

Just ruined it! emoji35.png

12 hours ago, kclenden said:

It does seem like @MrBill stole the 1000th post which so rightfully belonged to you. ?  But if you went back a couple pages and deleted one of your posts, your 1000th post would then become the 1000th post. ?

Stop the presses!  My 999th is the 999th post.  There are 25 posts per page.... @Teken's 1000th appear at the BOTTOM of page 40 the last post on page 40 is the 1000th post.

Stop the presses!  My 999th is the 999th post.  There are 25 posts per page.... @Teken's 1000th appear at the BOTTOM of page 40 the last post on page 40 is the 1000th post.

Someone deleted their posts so mine would show up as 1000. Prior to that, yours was indeed 1000 (well deserved)

You guys are funny thanks for the laughs!
14 minutes ago, Teken said:

Someone deleted their posts so mine would show up as 1000. Prior to that, yours was indeed 1000 (well deserved) emoji106.png

You guys are funny thanks for the laughs! emoji481.png

I dispute that.  when i made 999 I did because this counter: image.png.eb001060ba4f650cf8c682204ad3010b.png in the top right of the screen was showing 998... and I even force reloaded the page before making it!

I dispute that.  when i made 999 I did because this counter: image.png.eb001060ba4f650cf8c682204ad3010b.png in the top right of the screen was showing 998... and I even force reloaded the page before making it!

I should have captured the image when your reply was 999. As that post was indeed 1000.

Trust me, you hit a grand slam only seconds from my reply.
13 hours ago, MrBill said:

That's interesting because your post appeared at the bottom of page 40 and @Teken's appeared at the top of page 41 in my browser.  Now neither of your posts is the 1000th.  I understand how your 999th post is now lower (prior posts deleted), but I don't know how your post could have been 999 when you posted and looked at it, but then became the 1000th when Teken and I looked at it.  That would require someone to insert a post before yours.

That's interesting because your post appeared at the bottom of page 40 and @Teken's appeared at the top of page 41 in my browser.  Now neither of your posts is the 1000th.  I understand how your 999th post is now lower (prior posts deleted), but I don't know how your post could have been 999 when you posted and looked at it, but then became the 1000th when Teken and I looked at it.  That would require someone to insert a post before yours.

As of this writing Randy shows up as 1000. I have to believe this is due to the double posting bug that seems to be never ending on this forum!

9d1a88fc7aa4b1a66044a3fe28d0e369.jpg

The thread appears to be SHRINKING..... we are again posting on page 40!image.png.f1ba3ebb10f814b5cff6238e33bf4cca.png

In all seriousness tho when I posted this one:

On 9/19/2021 at 8:57 AM, MrBill said:

999 just for the heck of it...

I believed it was the 999th post.

My view doesn't have the the little post counter shown in @Teken's view.  I suppose that's a tapatalk thing.... I still don't understand tapatalk, but then 99.8% of the time when I access a forum it's not via mobile but from a laptop.

Archived