Triggers quit

gmurch

Hello gmurch,

I am so very sorry to hear this. By triggers quitting, does it mean that you ONLY triggers cannot control your devices OR does it mean that you can no longer control any of your devices even from within the Admin Console? i.e. Can you turn on/off a device from Admin Console? Also, what's the status of the programs in the Program Summary tab?

With kind regards,

Michel

I have had this happen before and a re-boot worked - not this time :cry:

Hi gmurch,

Are these triggers time based or device/status based? If time based, can you make sure your ISY has the correct time? If status based, can you make sure that the Admin Console shows the correct status for your devices when you turn them on/off physically? i.e. does ISY hear state changes?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel:

My devices, scenes and timers work. I can turn off items from my administrative console, only the triggers that don't work. The status of the triggers that are not working is "false"

Hi Michel:

The triggers are device status based. The status is not being reported correctly by the ISY when turned on and off at the switch -- the devices can be controlled correctly from the ISY and the status is correct if I "query" the device

Thanks in advance

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I have dealt with this exact issue twice over the past week. If I am correct, your PLM has lost ALL its links (sometimes happens after a power surge). Please go to Tools | Diagnostics | Show PLM Links Table and let me know if you get any links in the PLM. After it completes click the Count button to see how many links you have. Usually you can assume that the number of links in the PLM are at least 1.5 times the number of devices you have. So, if you have unusually low number of links or no links at all, then you would need to restore your PLM: File | Restore Modem (PLM). If this works, then it's a good idea to get a replacement for your PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel:

The triggers are device status based. The status is not being reported correctly by the ISY when turned on and off at the switch -- the devices can be controlled correctly from the ISY and the status is correct if I "query" the device

Thanks in advance

Glenn

Hi Michel:

That seems to be the problem. I now have my triggers back but one of my switches seems to be acting up when I turn it off (doesn't seem to want to work) It may be a bad switch. It is interesting that it started acting up the same time as this problem began?

I am thinking about doing the upgrade from the 26 to the 99 -- does the 99 come with a new PLM?

Thanks again for the help

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Great!

If you are not going to use Modules (WeatherBug, Networking, etc.) there's really no need to upgrade to 99i.

Unfortunately, 99i upgrade does not come with a PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel:

That seems to be the problem. I now have my triggers back but one of my switches seems to be acting up when I turn it off (doesn't seem to want to work) It may be a bad switch. It is interesting that it started acting up the same time as this problem began?

I am thinking about doing the upgrade from the 26 to the 99 -- does the 99 come with a new PLM?

Thanks again for the help

Glenn

I was thinking about adding IR as well, that was my interest in the 99. Do you think this was a fluke or is my PLM likely to act up again?

I'd say there's a good chance you will experience future issues. The PLM links shouldn't just disappear like that.

If you'd rather not go through the trouble of replacing it at the moment, I'd at least have a spare PLM handly in case it happens again.

Archived