Agave Status Questions

arf1410

I'm cleaning up my system a bit, to enable better use of Agave on a wall mounted control panel (via sharptools.io) so a couple questions, relating to my combo X10-Insteon system:

/1/ some switches I have replaced an old X10 with an Insteon.  I can disable the old X10 in Agave, but can't figure out how to remove / delete it.  It is gone from the ISY.   Edit.. found in the ISY and deleted

/2/ I just replaced a failing X10 light switch with an Insteon.  Fortunately, this switch (v8.2) still lets me give it an x10 secondary address, as I have some old LEviton 4 button wall X10 controllers, which I like and still function well. When I send an X10 OFF to the new insteon switch, it works as expected, and the switch turns off.  However, that new OFF status is not reflected in Agave.  Is there a way to fix that?

1 hour ago, arf1410 said:

I'm cleaning up my system a bit, to enable better use of Agave on a wall mounted control panel (via sharptools.io) so a couple questions, relating to my combo X10-Insteon system:

/1/ some switches I have replaced an old X10 with an Insteon.  I can disable the old X10 in Agave, but can't figure out how to remove / delete it.  It is gone from the ISY.   Edit.. found in the ISY and deleted

/2/ I just replaced a failing X10 light switch with an Insteon.  Fortunately, this switch (v8.2) still lets me give it an x10 secondary address, as I have some old LEviton 4 button wall X10 controllers, which I like and still function well. When I send an X10 OFF to the new insteon switch, it works as expected, and the switch turns off.  However, that new OFF status is not reflected in Agave.  Is there a way to fix that?

Lets remove the old devices first.  Settings -> Data & Sync -> Refresh Data

/1/ Data and Sync - Refresh data :  worked! Obsolete devices now gone from Agave!  thx

/2/ the root of the problem might be signal issues in that the X10 is not getting back to the ISY, as I dont see it in even viewer.  I also have to see if (a decade ago) I turned off the "transmit" feature of the Smarthome X10 switches.  when I check / fix that issue(s), the ISY should reflect the current status of the manually operated X10 switch... and therefore, that Agave should also? Or am I missing something?

EDIT - It appears I have diagnosed the problem, in that if an X10 command does make it back to the ISY (and viewable in the event viewer) the Agave will indeed correctly reflect the light ON/OFF status.  Unfortunately, that X10 signal is now always making its way home!

Archived