UD Mobile Release Announcements

Javi

10 minutes ago, fmk2 said:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I backup my UD Mobile app on my iPhone to iCloud, pull a copy of the file from iCloud down to my iPad and then try to Restore on the iPad, it doesn't work.  I still see the same Favorites that the iPad already had on it, and the additional ones from the iPhone aren't there.  I expected everything on the iPad to be replaced with whatever was on the iPhone.

Did I miss a step or something?  Or does this process not work between iPhones and iPads?

Thanks,
Frank

Hi @fmk2

It should work, however I have encountered issues with iCould versioning backups instead of saving the file, which results in a previous backup being downloaded. This usually happens when uploading backups within about an hour of a previous backup. On the iCloud website this is usually evident as the new file will show a time/date which is before the time/date you saved the file, it is a very annoying "feature" of iCloud. 

Can you try renaming the file to a unique name before it is saved then try  import again? We may have to set unique names, such as append time/date, to the backup file to get around this "feature".

Thanks for all your work on the app, Javi  

I did make progress.  Renaming the backup file did work, and I was able to get the config from my iPhone over to the iPad, including Favorites.

But before I even tried that, I started seeing a new error every time I change screens in UD Mobile. I see the error on both the iPad and iPhone. This just started today. It appears to be some sort of html error, but I don’t see the whole message and don’t know where I might find a log that would have it. 

I did grab a screenshot of the error.  It’s attached. 

Frank

79C8E205-DBFD-451E-925F-57F67B6182A5.png

Hi @fmk2,

Glad the backup worked, I've add an issue so we can change backup names.

https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc/UD-Mobile-iOS/issues/44

As for the error the screenshot, the resolution is too low to read the error, can you please upload a better quality image if not corrected.  The errors should remain in the notification center, similar to a text message, while the app is running.  

Errors shown here are usually related to connection issues and likely due to the import or internet connectivity.  Sometimes Apple's keystore may attempt to restores passwords. If importing onto an existing setup, which was not imported itself, keystore may use the old setup for password restoration.  The system ID's may be different on the two versions of the app causing failed or incorrect password restoration.

The easiest way to fix the issue is to logout of ISY portal (Settings-Tab > ISY Portal Accounts) then go to Settings-Tab > Systems and re enter the portal account for each ISY. Also check that the local connection has the correct username and password.   

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Backup_and_Restore

Edit: There is also currently an Amazon AWS outage which could affect remote connections.

As you suspected, this was a connectivity issue.  For some reason, the ISY had fallen off the network.

I wasn't near a PC when I sent my earlier message, so couldn't try logging into the Admin screen.  Once I tried accessing the ISY from my desktop using Launcher, I found I got no response from it.  A quick reboot of the ISY fixed it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Frank

@Javi,

I've been testing the latest iOS version of UD Mobile and the enhancements are really nice.  The ability the manage color and define formatted status values makes this interface very user friendly.  Really nice work.

Can you give an estimate as to when you might be able to implement push notifications?  I know some of the structure is there.  I'll be able to move more devices to ISY on Polisy when that functionality is activated.

Mark

iOS Beta 0.5.8

Adjusted top Navigation Bar buttons. Fixed missing Custom Mappings for node folders. Added Folder creation in Devices and Scenes. Added Scene creation in Devices and Scenes. Added ability to Add/Remove Scene members. Created Scene Edits view. Added Scene Links View. Bug Fixes.  Edit Scenes view can be accessed from Home Screen Edit or Node Dashboard.

iOS Beta 0.6.0

Added Global User Preference for Favorites-Tab/Home-Tab/Default launch types due to Apple's limited widget sizes. Synchronization required to obtain missing Editors listed below.

Added encoded editor parsing and insertion for Node Def Status Editors. Fixed Deadbolt UOM Action human readable values. Fixed NLS for encoded editors with underscore in NLS definition. Other bug fixes.

Android Production 0.117 

Synchronization required to obtain missing Editors listed below.

Added encoded editor parsing and insertion for Node Def Status Editors. Fixed Deadbolt UOM Action human readable values. Fixed NLS for encoded editors with underscore in NLS definition. Other bug fixes.

@Javi,

I've been continuing to test the iOS version of UD Mobile and I'm impressed with what can be done to customize the Favorites interface, especially being able to set color and formatted text based on conditions.  It's working great.

I especially like being able to set the HEX value for colors.  I know there has been some discussion of adding a color picker in UD Mobile which i'm not opposed to, but I hope the user can retain the ability to enter a specific HEX value.  This makes for a very customizable interface which is really nice.

Just my two cents.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Just opened 0.6.6 and found an issue but I don't think its new to this version ; there may be a few people like me turning off their old 994ISY moving to the PolisyISY.

If you go into settings/systems and pick one of your ISYs down at the bottom is the ability to enable/disable that ISY with UD mobile.  When you do that and then save the app still wants to sync with the ISY on the save.  I would suggest at that point, when the user disables connection to an ISY the app should just skip the sync.  My 994 is unplugged now and so I effectively cannot disable using it.

Hi @sjenkins,

After saving a system the user can select cancel, which will save settings without synchronization. This setting is mostly used by Node Server developers with test systems. Although we should probably make it more obvious that sync is not required after saving.

When migrating with backup I suggest that that only the System URLs be changed, this way all favorites are preserved, or at least all nodes which migrated are preserved. I don't think this is documented anywhere, but it is fairly easy.

First backup UD Mobile in case of errors this way Favorites and User Preferences will not be lost.  Local Connection change should be fairly obvious. Portal URL change would involve hitting the delete button in the Systems Portal window, then selecting the Add button, then select your Portal Account, then select the replacement system from the list of ISY connected to ISY Portal.

2 hours ago, Javi said:

Hi @sjenkins,

After saving a system the user can select cancel, which will save settings without synchronization. This setting is mostly used by Node Server developers with test systems. Although we should probably make it more obvious that sync is not required after saving.

When migrating with backup I suggest that that only the System URLs be changed, this way all favorites are preserved, or at least all nodes which migrated are preserved. I don't think this is documented anywhere, but it is fairly easy.

First backup UD Mobile in case of errors this way Favorites and User Preferences will not be lost.  Local Connection change should be fairly obvious. Portal URL change would involve hitting the delete button in the Systems Portal window, then selecting the Add button, then select your Portal Account, then select the replacement system from the list of ISY connected to ISY Portal.

Thanks @Javi , I was about half way through my favourites when I got this, but it gave me a chance to clean them up a bit and improve the organisation.

I do agree that there are a few documentation / standardized work opportunities here as there will be more than a few people moving over in the next few months I would guess.

Appreciate the answer.

Hello!

just started using this, and like everyone else think it’s great and the team is doing a great job!

A couple suggestions 

- Allow the tiles to be sized… it would help in organizing ‘like’ devices in favorites. For example I have four tiles that show temps in house…would love to fit them a little smaller on same line. Using color is great and love it.

- next suggestion is around integrating security cameras and would require a node server to be built.

Would love to have a node server be able to capture a single image from an ip camera on motion.  Save the image and use that in the Tile.  Selecting that tile opens an external program for your cameras.

Just trying to think how security cameras can be linked to in a meaningful way.  

Hi @kevbo,

Tile sizing is on our list.

We are still looking into the best way to accommodate cameras. With regards to opening another app,  I believe the only method which works for both Android and iOS is app url intercept. URL can be a custom schema or associated site URL. Opening a url should be an easy feature to add to favorites, this would allow it to open any app which intercepts a specific URL.   Do you know if your camera app has a URL will open the application?

Image capture is more difficult.  Allowing user icons is on our list, maybe at that point we can allow an image URL, so if the image can be saved to an accessible URL it should populate.

2 hours ago, asbril said:

@Javi Am I right in remembering that eventually UD Mobile will be acessible in a browser (Chrome) ?

Hi @asbril,

We plan on creating a web app, but I do not have a time frame.  Until that time the new M1 Macs support iOS apps, and the Android app will work on Android emulators, such as bluestacks.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:57 PM, Javi said:

iOS Beta 0.6.0

Added Global User Preference for Favorites-Tab/Home-Tab/Default launch types due to Apple's limited widget sizes. Synchronization required to obtain missing Editors listed below.

I haven't had time to test the app lately, so I'm still on the original version I installed, Beta 0.5.8.  How do I update to the latest version?  I don't see anything in the app that lets me do that, and the iOS app store doesn't show an update available.

18 minutes ago, fmk2 said:

I haven't had time to test the app lately, so I'm still on the original version I installed, Beta 0.5.8.  How do I update to the latest version?  I don't see anything in the app that lets me do that, and the iOS app store doesn't show an update available.

The current production version on Apple's App Store is 0.6.5 which should be listed under "What's New" when clicking UD Mobile in the App Store.  If this is not the case try rebooting the phone.  Does this work?

If the app was obtained from TestFlight download from the TestFlight App.

@Javi

What I  do is on a 'motion at front door'  get ISY to send me a text of the link to an IP camera. That link in my text would auto populate a single frame in my text. If I was lucky and the person was still standing there at the time I got the text and opened, and I could see image of the person in my text.  However, if they were fast, walked up and did a delivery, I would see no one because of the lag. 

If a tile had the ability to show the first image URL of the IP camera, you would essentially see that first frame.  Then 'theoretically' just need to allow for a trigger to freeze that image.  At that point if you selected the tile, it would just open the camera.  

I use SWANN NVR cameras...with an app called Swann Security.  I couldn't find any information if  it has a URL.

29 minutes ago, Javi said:

The current production version on Apple's App Store is 0.6.5 which should be listed under "What's New" when clicking UD Mobile in the App Store.  If this is not the case try rebooting the phone.  Does this work?

If the app was obtained from TestFlight download from the TestFlight App.

Well, I don't know how, but when I went into my account on the App Store and scrolled down to UD Mobile, it showed that it had updated to 0.6.5.  When I opened the app directly earlier it was still version 0.5.8. 

To verify, I re-opened the app from within the App Store (clicked the "Open" button), and sure enough it is now version 0.6.5.  Very strange.

Thanks for the quick response.

Hi @kevbo

If the URL shows the first image it should work, if the image changes then it would need to be stored in an accessible location such as google drive. The only other issue would be file size, as  downloading a large file could add delay. iOS has very strict limits on background resource usage.

If the app doesn't support Deep Links or Universal Links then it would not be possible to open on iOS, Android allows intents to open any app along with links, however for consistency among platforms we should probably only use the link method.  Android user can route this through tasker to do this if needed. 

Many times App/Deep/Universal Links are not documented, so you may want to ask the developer if they exist or can be created.   This would work similar to sending yourself an email link to amazon, when you click on your phone the Amazon App will open instead of a browser and can go to a specific location to within an app.

• 1 month later...

Android (Open Testing) 0.124

Systems View Advanced Settings replaced with individual groups of settings.

Added alexa configuration for ISY Portal.  Add/edit/view individual Alexa Spoken configuration from a Node's Dashboard by clicking the voice icon at the top.  Add/edit/view all spokens from Admin Tab.  Legacy Elk Module configurations (non-Node Server) is implemented but not tested. UD Mobile does not support the Legacy Elk Module so these types can only be accessed from the Admin Tab.

Android (Open Testing) 0.124
Systems View Advanced Settings replaced with individual groups of settings.
Added alexa configuration for ISY Portal.  Add/edit/view individual Alexa Spoken configuration from a Node's Dashboard by clicking the voice icon at the top.  Add/edit/view all spokens from Admin Tab.  Legacy Elk Module configurations (non-Node Server) is implemented but not tested. UD Mobile does not support the Legacy Elk Module so these types can only be accessed from the Admin Tab.
Hopefully Google Home support is next?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Archived