UD Mobile Release Announcements

Javi

Android 0.132 (Beta)

Fixed default values for Node Def Accept Buttons. Fixed database reentry for Node Def Accepts query Accepts Param and Mapped name creation. Joined Node Def Accepts Mapped name tables into Node Def Accepts Query. Added Accepts Command Name and Parameter Name to Parameter Picker/EditText. Added increment and decrement buttons for Accepts param raw input. Fixed default values during edit of commands with multiple parameters. Added Editor Range editor.

iOS 0.7.2 (Beta)

Fixed Editor Range Step values for undefined Steps. Added Value request in Node Dashboard when application becomes active.

@DennisC I think a found a solution to change Step from within the app, although it will need to be tested for your case.  In Android 0.132 (should be live in the today) I've added an Editor-Range editing screen which allows the step value to be changed.  There is still a 200 Step limit so the Step value may require a value greater than or equal to "1" if the min/max or subset values are greater than 100.  To edit the param select the edit button at the top of the dialog for the raw entry.

1 hour ago, Javi said:

@DennisC I think a found a solution to change Step from within the app, although it will need to be tested for your case.  In Android 0.132 (should be live in the today) I've added an Editor-Range editing screen which allows the step value to be changed.  There is still a 200 Step limit so the Step value may require a value greater than or equal to "1" if the min/max or subset values are greater than 100.  To edit the param select the edit button at the top of the dialog for the raw entry.

@Javi,

I received the update and checked out the functionality and here are my findings.

1. When changing setpoint with this update, without making any modifications with the edit screen, there is no picker and you must enter a value. This field is accepting an entered value since the previous update.

2. If you edit the Step value and enter a value of .5, you can enter changes by .5 however, there is no impact on the setpoint because a change of .5 rounds up to the nearest whole number. This ends up having no change.

3. If you edit Step value and enter a value of 1, the picker comes back, starting at 0 and going up to 120. Therefore, you need to scroll from 0 to the value you are looking to change the setpoint to. However, you can not enter a value directly by typing, you must use the picker.

It appears you can either set the Step value to 1 and use the picker list and you then need to scroll from 0 to your setpoint, or leave it blank and just type your new setpoint (2 digits required) in to the field. 

Was this your expected behavior?

While I appreciate your efforts, it is quicker and easier to leave the Step value empty and just type your new setpoint in now that the field once again accepts input.

1 hour ago, DennisC said:

@Javi,

I received the update and checked out the functionality and here are my findings.

1. When changing setpoint with this update, without making any modifications with the edit screen, there is no picker and you must enter a value. This field is accepting an entered value since the previous update.

2. If you edit the Step value and enter a value of .5, you can enter changes by .5 however, there is no impact on the setpoint because a change of .5 rounds up to the nearest whole number. This ends up having no change.

3. If you edit Step value and enter a value of 1, the picker comes back, starting at 0 and going up to 120. Therefore, you need to scroll from 0 to the value you are looking to change the setpoint to. However, you can not enter a value directly by typing, you must use the picker.

It appears you can either set the Step value to 1 and use the picker list and you then need to scroll from 0 to your setpoint, or leave it blank and just type your new setpoint (2 digits required) in to the field. 

Was this your expected behavior?

While I appreciate your efforts, it is quicker and easier to leave the Step value empty and just type your new setpoint in now that the field once again accepts input.

Yes it is either a picker or raw input.  I assumed your request was for a list of values, was I mistaken?  What is the Status (current temperature) decimal precision (i.e. 0.5 or 0.1 or none)?

Normally the picker should automatically scroll to the current set point, so there may be another issue. This could be a few things including the Command (setpoint) is NOT hard coded to be initialized (mapped) to the Status value (current temperature), or the app could not match the current temperature in the list.  The latter is likely the issue if the Status (current temperature) has a higher precision than the list of step values. If the Status (current temperature) precision matches the precision you entered into the Step editor then the issue is likely a missing initialization (mapped) in the Node Definition.

I'll try to round the Status (current temperature) to the precision of Commands (setpoint) in a future update. That should allow the app to scroll to the close to the current Status (current temperature).  

35 minutes ago, Javi said:

Yes it is either a picker or raw input.  I assumed your request was for a list of values, was I mistaken?  What is the Status (current temperature) decimal precision (i.e. 0.5 or 0.1 or none)?

Normally the picker should automatically scroll to the current set point, so there may be another issue. This could be a few things including the Command (setpoint) is NOT hard coded to be initialized (mapped) to the Status value (current temperature), or the app could not match the current temperature in the list.  The latter is likely the issue if the Status (current temperature) has a higher precision than the list of step values. If the Status (current temperature) precision matches the precision you entered into the Step editor then the issue is likely a missing initialization (mapped) in the Node Definition.

I'll try to round the Status (current temperature) to the precision of Commands (setpoint) in a future update. That should allow the app to scroll to the close to the current Status (current temperature).  

For my thermostat the value is shown as .0, however, the value is always shown as a whole number (70.0, 71.0).

Having the picker open to the current value would be ideal.

Thanks @DennisC.  The precision appears to be the same if the values are incremented by a whole number even if a decimal value of zero is shown.   

To help me find the root cause of the app not scrolling can you verify if the AC initializes the setpoint command to the current temperature or to another number such as zero?

30 minutes ago, Javi said:

Thanks @DennisC.  The precision appears to be the same if the values are incremented by a whole number even if a decimal value of zero is shown.   

To help me find the root cause of the app not scrolling can you verify if the AC initializes the setpoint command to the current temperature or to another number such as zero?

To the current temperature.

Hi Dennis,

I made some adjustments to the position calculation in 0.133, please try changing the step value to "1" again.  If this does not work I may need to run a remote diagnostic to find the cause.

Android 0.133

Added value rounding for editor range scroll position.

1 hour ago, Javi said:

Hi Dennis,

I made some adjustments to the position calculation in 0.133, please try changing the step value to "1" again.  If this does not work I may need to run a remote diagnostic to find the cause.

Android 0.133

Much better now! Using a step value of 1 opens setpoint change to one value before the current setpoint.

Easy to make changes now. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Javi said:

Hi Dennis,

Android 0.133

10 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Much better now! Using a step value of 1 opens setpoint change to one value before the current setpoint.

Easy to make changes now. Thank you.

I should of asked this question in my prior post.

Wile updated version require the step value to be re-added or is it set once and forget?

Will backup and restore set this value?

14 minutes ago, DennisC said:

I should of asked this question in my prior post.

Wile updated version require the step value to be re-added or is it set once and forget?

Will backup and restore set this value?

The only time it should be overwritten is if the step value is not null during synchronization. So, if the value was initially empty then the value you set should remain.  It is possible that a firmware update or Node Server update (Node Servers only) adds/changes this value.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived