Does green LED light indication communication mode?

ISY Newbie

I'm trying to re-link a on-off Insteon switch that has gone rogue.

After factory-resetting it, I pressed the set button for a few seconds to put it into communication mode.

The LED light turns green, but my ISY can't discover it.

Does the greed LED light indicate communication mode? I thought it should be red.

44 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Does your firmware and ui match? What was your exact process to add the device

Yes, the firmware and the UI match.

I set the switch in communication mode by pressing and holding the set button for a few seconds, which turned the LED into green.

Then I ran “Start Linking” under the Link Management menu of the Admin Console.

I did it this way because I can't read the address of the switch. 
I thought the "Start Linking" function serves as auto-discovery according to this thread: 
Can you be more specific about where I did it wrong?

Step one is to start the linking process. Step two is to press the clear set button.
Step three select Finish in the Admin Console.
8 minutes ago, ISY Newbie said:

Well, my question is in regard to Step. 2 Press the set button. 

I did but the LED light turned green, and I’m wondering if the switch indeed went into linking mode.

Just so we are on the same page I have appended *Start Linking* button which is the two colored whirling arrows. In the Admin Console press that button and go to the switch and press it for 3-5 seconds. You may see the load flash and hear a beep from the switch. Go back to the Admin Console and select Finish.

Whirling Arrows 1.PNG

Whirling Arrows.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 6:06 AM, Teken said:

Just so we are on the same page I have appended *Start Linking* button which is the two colored whirling arrows. In the Admin Console press that button and go to the switch and press it for 3-5 seconds. You may see the load flash and hear a beep from the switch. Go back to the Admin Console and select Finish.

I got it to work. The reason I wasn't able to start the linking process was because I didn't press and hold the set button hard enough.

Archived