Cannot determine Insteon Engine

SteveManes

My older In-LineLinc (2475S) started acting up (the relay would flash on/off every couple of seconds) so I purchased a new 2475SDB. I'm guessing the "DB" suffix is "Dual Band". Whatever, I can't get the ISY99 to add it. I selected Link Management -> New INSTEON/A10/X10 Device, gave it the device code (56.18.5A) and selected [02.1F] from the Device Type pulldown: "(2475SDB) Dual Band InlineLinc On/Off Switch" and clicked "Ok". The ISY gets through 6% and then dumps the error "The following devices could not be added"
I've tested the device with its onboard on/off switch and verified that it works with the lights its controlling. And the ISY99 didn't have a problem communicating with the old 2475S for years. I also tried it using Auto Discover. I rebooted the ISY99 in case there was an issue with a stale core. I've looked at the logs and they weren't helpful.
What am I missing? Is there anything else I can try?

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 8.50.09 PM.png

You may want to open the Event Viewer in Level 3. Then you can see the messages being sent and received back from the module. You should be able to save the messages in a text form. To look at it or post it here.

You may want to check you Firmware version and UI Version are the same. Help about. Latest ISY99i  is 3.3.10.

The 2475S is single band and the 2475SDB is Dual Band as you thought. Do you have any other Dual Band Modules, Access Points or the Range Extenders in your  setup?

9 hours ago, SteveManes said:
My older In-LineLinc (2475S) started acting up (the relay would flash on/off every couple of seconds) so I purchased a new 2475SDB. I'm guessing the "DB" suffix is "Dual Band". Whatever, I can't get the ISY99 to add it. I selected Link Management -> New INSTEON/A10/X10 Device, gave it the device code (56.18.5A) and selected [02.1F] from the Device Type pulldown: "(2475SDB) Dual Band InlineLinc On/Off Switch" and clicked "Ok". The ISY gets through 6% and then dumps the error "The following devices could not be added"
I've tested the device with its onboard on/off switch and verified that it works with the lights its controlling. And the ISY99 didn't have a problem communicating with the old 2475S for years. I also tried it using Auto Discover. I rebooted the ISY99 in case there was an issue with a stale core. I've looked at the logs and they weren't helpful.
What am I missing? Is there anything else I can try?

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 8.50.09 PM.png

Being such an old system, it may not support newer devices since the firmware has not been updated for it.  

If it does work with the 99i, factory reset the device and make sure that the ID number was typed in correctly. I prefer to use start linking and pressing the set button so that I don't have to worry about typing something in incorrectly. 

9 hours ago, Techman said:

Also take a hard look at the device id 56.18.5A. 

Make sure it's 18 not 1B as the two can be misread, especially with the newer labeling that Smarthome is using.

That was it! Thank you!  You know, I was bitten by this once before. I wish Smarthome would fix the font on the address labeling.

Archived